Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Types of Bikes > Dual Purpose > 6v light availability?

6v light availability?

This is a discussion on 6v light availability? within the Dual Purpose forums, part of the Types of Bikes category; Hi, new here... I'm restoring/reconditioning a Yamaha DT360. Are 6v lights, headlight, taillight, turn signals, instrument lights, etc. still available? ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2006   #1

Default 6v light availability?

Hi, new here... I'm restoring/reconditioning a Yamaha DT360. Are 6v lights, headlight, taillight, turn signals, instrument lights, etc. still available? I'm guessing they are, but by asking here, I can find out quicker, and meet people at the same time! Not sure what I need just yet, just looking for a site or two, that might sell most everything I could need.

TIA! Juggler
Ed C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006   #2

What? Did I fart?
Old 04-24-2006   #3

http://www.autolumination.com/ has a lot of different bulbs (including a cross reference page)
http://www.taillightking.com/motorcycle.htm another souse of lights (mostly tail light kits, but there is a few other things here also)
http://shop.wemoto.com/info.dyn?titl...le_Light_Bulbs this one may be your best bet, I didn't get to far into it though.
I found all these on Google by typing in 6 volt motorcycle lights Google is your friend :D
BenihanaR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #4

Thanks! I'll try Google first, the next time!
Old 04-25-2006   #5

I couldn't find a 6v headlight at those sites, there may have been one there, but I couldn't find the one I needed. All the other bulbs on the bike were well represented however.

I did find another site that had a Wagner 5 3/4" 6v sealed beam, DOT & CHP approved headlight. It didn't mention the wattage, but I believe them to be in the 30-40w range. If your interested, PM me, and I'll send you a link to the site.

L8r Juggler

on edit: Price was $26.06 each, total $33.06 including shipping.
Old 04-25-2006   #6

I have a 76 Yamaha DT400 I'm working on . I just ordered the 6V/3W bulbs for the gauges $1.99 ea. and the tail light bulb $ 3.99 ea. from my local Yamaha dealer , the turn signal bulbs I found off the shelf at Pep Boys # 1129 .
cardosita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #7

I have a 76 Yamaha DT400 I'm working on . I just ordered the 6V/3W bulbs for the gauges $1.99 ea. and the tail light bulb $ 3.99 ea. from my local Yamaha dealer , the turn signal bulbs I found off the shelf at Pep Boys # 1129 .

Thanks for the info Tiki! :) Have you got a thread going on your 400? I'd be interested in reading it if you do. I was mainly concerned about having a spare 6v headlight, they are very scarce around here. So I bought one off the first web site I found that had one. If nothing else, it feels good to have a new spare layin' on the shelf! :)
Old 04-27-2006   #8

Juggler , I hope to post some picks of my DT in the next couple of weeks I'm really just doing a major clean-up and repainting some parts . I bought this thing about 6 years ago because I had a lot of spare time and wanted something to do it ran like a top but looked like hell so I pulled it apart and ran out of spare time so 6 years later I'm going through boxes of parts and putting it back together . Thank GOD for the internet and all the information available on old bikes it's been a big help , our bikes are very similar I'll bet a lot of the parts are interchangeable . I bought some used parts off EBay for it but I'm always disappointed on the accuracy of the description when they show up at the house and I am amazed at the NOS parts and what these guys are asking for them . Good luck with yours If you have any questions let me know I may have some Info. you could use . TIKI
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006   #9

*snip* I bought some used parts off EBay for it but I'm always disappointed on the accuracy of the description when they show up at the house and I am amazed at the NOS parts and what these guys are asking for them . Good luck with yours If you have any questions let me know I may have some Info. you could use . TIKI

I hear ya! I've found some deals on eBay, but not on bike parts. I'll let you know if I have any questions, and you do the same. Maybe we'll get these old rascals running again, and go for a ride! LOL!

Take care! Juggler
Old 04-28-2006   #10

Interesting that PepBoys had them --all the other chain stores said "no" except for NAPA. I had to change out both the turn signal flasher unit [got from aftermaket supplier at bike shop] and got my bulbs at NAPA.
Batteries from Interstate are a 2 month wait,but are available in two days from the chain stores. Ya gotta pay attention to stuff on an old six volt because the previous owner might have substituted 12V just to get by.
I just wisg I could find a nice bright headlight.
Nyall H is offline   Reply With Quote