Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Types of Bikes > Dual Purpose > A good touring dual sport

A good touring dual sport

This is a discussion on A good touring dual sport within the Dual Purpose forums, part of the Types of Bikes category; I think it all boils down to how much is in the budget... The KLR is a great bike for ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2012   #11

I think it all boils down to how much is in the budget...
The KLR is a great bike for the money and inexpensive to maintain. I have owned two of them...still have one in the shed that I use for more off road travel. Long fuel range is probably what KLR's are famous for.

If you are looking for "Big Adventure Bikes" and money is not a concern, then KTM, Yamaha, Honda and BMW can satisfy that need for sure.
I ran an F800GS BMW for the last 3 years and have since graduated to a R1200GS. Lot's of power and will go just about anywhere. That is until you get stuck, drop it or have mechanical trouble...then the fun starts..$$$$$

The people I ride with have, KLR's, DR650's, KTM 950's and R1200 GS's.

We all get to same place at the end of the day.

On the KLR, last fall in Moab Utah

Back Roader is offline   Reply With Quote