Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Husqvarna

This is a discussion on Husqvarna within the Dual Purpose forums, part of the Types of Bikes category; Anybody ever heard of a dual sport Husqvarna? Specifically a 2001 400 somthing or other? I was on-line a bunch ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2006   #1

Default Husqvarna

Anybody ever heard of a dual sport Husqvarna? Specifically a 2001 400 somthing or other? I was on-line a bunch and find no sign of Husqvarna ever having any kind of road bike. Anyone know?
ridingdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #2

Default Husqvarna

According to there web site they say they make Dual Purposes, here is what I found hope it helps

http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com...mp;rpstry=167_

A few pics, just search category Dual Purpose

http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/_vti_g5_pg.aspx?rpstry=160_
The Blockader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #3

Default Husqvarna

In my wanderings I read (and I think i talked to someone on this forum) that BMW had purchased Husqvarna in '07. I'm sure BMW is expanding Husky into the dual sport market since then.

I just came upon a situation where I could pick up this Husky dirt cheap...and I think I might be figuring out why. If it can't be titled (another research project) and can't be street legal I'll pass on it.

Thanks!
Old 04-05-2006   #4

Default Husqvarna

love dual purpose bikes
newbierider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #5

Default Husqvarna

I used to work for a Husky dealer what can I help ya with?
lyziesayang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #6

Default Husqvarna

I have a chance to pick up a Husky (abandoned vehicle) and could get it quite cheap. It was described as a 'street legal enduro' type bike said to be a 2001 and 400 cc displacement. The research I've done makes no mention of any street legal Husky until BMW bought Husky in '07. This might have been the reason it became abandoned - a non-titled vehicle - and therefore I'd just pass it by. (I have this rat bike project in my head) The only thing else I know is that it is white and supposedly has headlight, taillight and turn signals. Like I said - I've found no such beast; and i've not had a chance to look at it with my own eyes, yet.

Do you know of any Husky like this James? (BTW - still loving those Olympia pants!)
Old 04-06-2006   #7

Default Husqvarna

I have a chance to pick up a Husky (abandoned vehicle) and could get it quite cheap. It was described as a 'street legal enduro' type bike said to be a 2001 and 400 cc displacement. The research I've done makes no mention of any street legal Husky until BMW bought Husky in '07. This might have been the reason it became abandoned - a non-titled vehicle - and therefore I'd just pass it by. (I have this rat bike project in my head) The only thing else I know is that it is white and supposedly has headlight, taillight and turn signals. Like I said - I've found no such beast; and i've not had a chance to look at it with my own eyes, yet.

Do you know of any Husky like this James? (BTW - still loving those Olympia pants!)

Husky has made quite a few "enduro" bikes and they were doing this before BMW had their hands on them.

I say get it ride it and enjoy it then send it on down to me:D
l25067101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #8

Default Husqvarna

I might be able to put the eyeball on it tomorrow. Haven't heard if it was claimed or not.
Old 04-07-2006   #9

Default Husqvarna

I might be able to put the eyeball on it tomorrow. Haven't heard if it was claimed or not.
well when ya know don't hold back and for sure bring a camera so we all can see this bike:D
kmf0070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006   #10

Default Husqvarna

Hi,

Husky has been making the 610 dualsport bike for a few years now. I just got an 08. But you can also plate and dualsport any of their TE line of bikes.
Mercyme15 is offline   Reply With Quote