Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Types of Bikes > Dual Purpose > Suzuki DR650 Front Caliper Question

Suzuki DR650 Front Caliper Question

This is a discussion on Suzuki DR650 Front Caliper Question within the Dual Purpose forums, part of the Types of Bikes category; Ok, I consider myself pretty handy so thought it would be a fairly simple task to change the front brake ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2006   #1

Default Suzuki DR650 Front Caliper Question

Ok, I consider myself pretty handy so thought it would be a fairly simple task to change the front brake pads on my DR. I got it apart, popped off the pads and the pucks pushed out. I took the cap off the resevoir and thought I could just push them back in, at worst, use a C clamp to drive them back. Well, I can't get them to budge at all! I wouldn't say I beat the heck out of them yet, but I got close. There must be a special trick to getting these back in and I am wondering out there if anybody can assist. I would hate to have to take it into the shop with my tail between my legs with the front brake disassembled. Thank you in advance!
5678698679796 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #2

Not to sure about that....do you have a manual, Ive had great results with Haynes manual's in the past
vikramjit s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #3

Open the bleeder valve.

Then the pressure will release by actually pushing the fluid out the bleeder. Put your pistons all the way to the back and close the bleeder. This way the pads will easily go into place and there will not be any clearance issues for the caliper itself. You should flush and bleed the brake system at this time anyway. Remember don't get anything nasty on those pads! Make sure your disc is nice and clean, too - before you mount the calipers. I saw a glob of 'poo' on a disc get spun right through a new pair of pads.
Michael O is offline   Reply With Quote