Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Types of Bikes > Sportbikes > I just made a purchase...

I just made a purchase...

This is a discussion on I just made a purchase... within the Sportbikes forums, part of the Types of Bikes category; and I would recommend that if you have the means, you should too. Ohlins forks are the single biggest improvement ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2007   #1

Default I just made a purchase...

and I would recommend that if you have the means, you should too. Ohlins forks are the single biggest improvement I have ever made to any bike I've ever owned.

The difference on the street was immense. With the Fox shock I bought from EugeneA and the forks, the next trackday should be a lot more enjoyable...:D
samstone013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007   #2

You ride at Jennings? What kind of times?
Blue E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007   #3

WOT Blake said:
You ride at Jennings? What kind of times?

I was turning low 1:28's on this bike with stock suspension. I wasn't pushing too hard because I really don't want to wad up my streetbike.:laughing
Old 06-14-2007   #4

Damn! Glad to see you will still have this season. I should have the same thing on my car by Deal's Gap time. :D
Patricia S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007   #5

1:28 is getting down there. I'm a 1:29 guy myself. Could have probably gone faster but I crashed hard in 2 and haven't been able to get back up to speed. I guess I shook myself up.

If it was me, I would have taken that money you spent on those forks and added a little more and bought a track bike. I've seen a guy do 1:22's on a stock street bike with street tires.

It's your money, and your bike...but I bet you could go faster with a old beat up gixxer 6 that you didn't care about.:shrug
dozierjad2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007   #6

WOT Blake said:
1:28 is getting down there. I'm a 1:29 guy myself. Could have probably gone faster but I crashed hard in 2 and haven't been able to get back up to speed. I guess I shook myself up.

If it was me, I would have taken that money you spent on those forks and added a little more and bought a track bike. I've seen a guy do 1:22's on a stock street bike with street tires.

It's your money, and your bike...but I bet you could go faster with a old beat up gixxer 6 that you didn't care about.:shrug

I have gone faster on my clapped out 96 gixxer 750 (1:27's):laughing

I got a smokin' deal on the forks which is the only reason it was worth my while to buy them.

It will just be nice to have a nice fresh suspension that actually works on the track instead of some clapped out spaghetti springs with 30,000 street miles on them.:laughing
Old 06-16-2007   #7

Akilldema said:
Damn! Glad to see you will still have this season. I should have the same thing on my car by Deal's Gap time. :D

I'll run you when myself and Pete get up there next year...:D

P.S. Do I get my boots back or do you drive your S2000 in them??:redflip
Old 06-16-2007   #8

You can have them if you want, I am going to buy a motard this year though. That's why I haven't sold any of my gear.
JDCraeASE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007   #9

Akilldema said:
You can have them if you want, I am going to buy a motard this year though. That's why I haven't sold any of my gear.

I was joking...they didn't fit me that's why they were free.:D
Old 06-17-2007   #10

Good because I still wear all of my gear in my s2000.
nutbar66 is offline   Reply With Quote