Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

motorcycle accident

This is a discussion on motorcycle accident within the Sportbikes forums, part of the Types of Bikes category; I'm working on getting some pictures taken of the motorcyle but.. Just wanted to let all of you know that ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2007   #1

Default motorcycle accident

I'm working on getting some pictures taken of the motorcyle but..

Just wanted to let all of you know that I was in an accident yesterday leaving work. A truck in the oncoming lane turned left in front of me and I t-boned him with my motorcycle. I spent 6 hours in the hospital getting x-rays and CT scans on my neck. I have no broken bones or abrasions or anything (helmet and gear held up flawlessly). Doctors said there is always a possibility that a fracture to my vertebrae will not be detected immediately in x-rays so there is still a possibility of a broken neck.

Insurance is gonna handle everything and my bike is gonna be fixed. So far it looks to be about $4000 or $5000 in damage to my bike.

Watch out for the idiots on the road..
FRANK B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #2

well its good to hear you're okay...
tairez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #3

:eek

glad you in 1 piece dude.

take care of yourself.

good gear works.
jimmy m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #4

OMG! Glad you're okay! :eek :eek
Stewart M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #5

Glad you are OK man. Sorry to hear about it non the less. :thumb on the gear, dude!! At least you weren't one of those "I was just on may way to work and left my gear at home" statistics :clap
dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #6

First: Glad you're OK!

Second: GET A LAWYER RIGHT NOW. If it was the truck's fault, you are entitled to just compensation - a NEW bike if yours has been damaged beyond reason, full payment of medical expenses, etc. Don't sign anything put in front of you yet. The truck's insurance company will try and get you to release them for any and all reasons before you're certain that your OK and without any short, medium, or long term medical issues.

YMMV...
R1volta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #7

chris_y2k_r1 said:
Glad you are OK man. Sorry to hear about it non the less. :thumb on the gear, dude!! At least you weren't one of those "I was just on may way to work and left my gear at home" statistics :clap

Fuck.. I was on my way home from work. It actually happened right in front of work.

The guy was stopped, waiting to turn into one of the parking lots and I was leaving from another parking lot on the other side of the building. He eased forward a little bit and I feathered my front brake a little because I anticipated he was going to turn. I was about 10 feet from him when I decided he wasn't going and got on the throttle again... he decided to turn (:confused ).

I was bucked off the bike, bounced off the side of the cab of the truck, supermanned it for about 15 yards and took a header into the pavement (hence my neck injury and why my gear is unharmed... I landed on my head).

I don't remember much of the accident after hitting the truck. I came to face down in the middle of the road and heard some lady screaming "Oh my God, Oh my God!!" I couldn't feel anything..
Old 03-03-2007   #8

JoshuaTree said:
First: Glad you're OK!

Second: GET A LAWYER RIGHT NOW. If it was the truck's fault, you are entitled to just compensation - a NEW bike if yours has been damaged beyond reason, full payment of medical expenses, etc. Don't sign anything put in front of you yet. The truck's insurance company will try and get you to release them for any and all reasons before you're certain that your OK and without any short, medium, or long term medical issues.

YMMV...

One of my best friends works at a law firm and has already spoken to a lawyer about it. As soon as I hear from the insurance agencies I plan on looking into a lawyer. The truck was at fault and the officer who first responded issued him a "Failure to yield the right of way" citation..

Lawyer is on my mind.. don't worry.. I have good resources to turn to including everyone here for assistance..:thumb
Old 03-03-2007   #9

Sorry to hear about the accident, but glad you are in 1 piece and things will be taken care of.
Rrhalverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #10

Its good you wore a helmet! Please post a picture of it when you get a chance.
Poptart is offline   Reply With Quote