Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Types of Bikes > Sportbikes > "Tactical" pants as compromise riding wear?

"Tactical" pants as compromise riding wear?

This is a discussion on "Tactical" pants as compromise riding wear? within the Sportbikes forums, part of the Types of Bikes category; Just curious if anyone (Joel?) had experience with "tactical" pants like these ( http://www.lapolicegear.com/5tapa.html ) as riding wear... seems like ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2006   #1

Default "Tactical" pants as compromise riding wear?

Just curious if anyone (Joel?) had experience with "tactical" pants like these (http://www.lapolicegear.com/5tapa.html) as riding wear... seems like they might be a better compromise for day-to-day riding than normal jeans? Pluses and minuses? Seems like they should be comfortable on and off the bike and offer decent ventilation... obviously not as much protection as leathers, but more convenient and less attention-getting off the bike... and cheaper...

Anyone?

Cheers,

...dave
mike e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #2

Whats special about them?

I sometimes wear baggy jeans or cargo pants with MX knee/shin guards underneath. Pair it up with a good set of boots and the only thing that's unprotected is my butt.
runmandroppings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006   #3

I've seen similar pants at shops/shows a few times. minimal abrasion protection still and not much better if any than jeans. Probably the same protection as the dickies slacks with dual layered knee area,winter weight BDU's or the heavyweight gap brand cargo pants I picked up for $15. The bar tacks and light knee pads are a decent addition though. Better than plain khakis but I'd probably take a pair of the icon/JR/alpinestars/draggin' type riding pants over these
kellycoonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006   #4

Generally stronger stitching, built-in pockets for knee pads, heavier denim than you'd find at Walmart. The "HRT" pants have some Kevlar reinforcement. Some use "ripstop" nylon, but i don't know if that would be a help or a hindrance on a long slide :shrug

...dave
:redcreep
mike e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012   #5

Nice but outside of Velcro replacing buttons this isnít really different from BDU pants