Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Types of Bikes > Touring > 26th wedding anv. hill country tour

26th wedding anv. hill country tour

This is a discussion on 26th wedding anv. hill country tour within the Touring forums, part of the Types of Bikes category; My wife and i recently celebrated our 26th wedding anv. with a 3 day ride to the hill country area ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2006   #1

Default 26th wedding anv. hill country tour

My wife and i recently celebrated our 26th wedding anv. with a 3 day ride to the hill country area of Texas

We left home on friday 11/14, weather was beautiful 70 ish, we headed south from our house through Springtown, Weatherford, Stephenville, we stopped in Hico (disputed birthplace of Billy the kid) for a brunch break at the koffee cup (great little eatery)

continued south on Hwy 281 through Marble Falls to Johnson city hung a right till we got to cr 1376 that takes us to Luchenbach, did the Loop (too many people for us) so we continued south to Comfort Texas and found a hotel near Kerrville.

up early saturday and headed to the Cracker Barrel for a country skillet of some kind and coffee, lots of it....it was cold... 40 ish but it did get warmer through the day maybe 60-65

rode all day making a big loop, riding the "3 sisters" or at least 2 of them and ended up in Llano at about 7 that night, ate some of the best BBQ ( of course its all the best , its BBQ man!)

Sunday we awoke to a cold front... 28 degrees LOL, we stayed in bed till 8:30 it was maybe 35 when we started out, trust me we had plenty of warm gear, i have learned you need to be prepared for anything in the great state of Texas (drive friendly)

We headed east to Inks lake st park for a little loop through the park and back to 281 for what turned out to be a short ride home( no traffic very nice)

November in Texas enjoy the pics
Blue Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #2

more pics
Old 06-07-2006   #3

and still more, i think we covered 1400 mi in 3 days (i forgot to record my beginning mileage)
Old 06-08-2006   #4

Wow, nice pics, I really like that last one, through the archway.

by the way, congrats on the anniversary
NONAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006   #5

Nice pics. What a great way to celebrate a special occasion!!
Cyclone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #6

Congratulations, that looks like nice country through there. Not really what I had always pictured of Texas, (I've never been there).
spock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #7

Congratulations, that looks like nice country through there. Not really what I had always pictured of Texas, (I've never been there).

I have been surprised here also, having lived most of my life up north in Michigan

Texas has a little of everything here I live NW of Fort Worth, it is alot like MI with out the snow

can anyone tell me why there are google ads in my picture post they were not there yesterday, are they from this forum... cause i didn't put them there
Old 06-10-2006   #8

I don't see any Google ads
drevilesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #9

I don't see em either, your eyes must be goin buggy cuz of all the picture takin!!!! :D
rohit v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #10

I heard of that in another thread but haven't seen it.
Colin M is offline   Reply With Quote