Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Types of Bikes > Touring > 80's Party - Ideas Needed

80's Party - Ideas Needed

This is a discussion on 80's Party - Ideas Needed within the Touring forums, part of the Types of Bikes category; Hey all, my friend is throwing an 80's party. I decided that I wanted to go as the 80's biker ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2006   #1

Default 80's Party - Ideas Needed

Hey all, my friend is throwing an 80's party. I decided that I wanted to go as the 80's biker guy, but I need a little help with my costume. I'm going to wear some tight acid-washed jeans I got from goodwill, get some mouse and put my hair in a mullet style, but that's all I know for sure.

What i'm thinking is to take a black button up shirt and I ripped the sleeves off, now should I leave it halfway unbuttoned or wear it as an overshirt for maybe an AC/DC shirt (or something of the like?)

What kind of shoes/boots did men wear back then?

Also I seem to remember something about bandanna's? Was that an 80's style?

And I have the necessary big boom box to carry on my shoulder with a good 80's tape... god I don't remember the last time I had a tape.

What kind of makeup did guys wear, other than the KISS style? I've seen something eluding to that...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, and if you have a picture of you from back in the 80's dressed like that i'd love to see it! (i've searched google pics and can't find much, and most of the fashion websites focus on females.)
Texas HappyHorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006   #2

What kind of shoes/boots did men wear back then?

Also I seem to remember something about bandanna's? Was that an 80's style?

High tops or Turf Shoes

Bandana goes around your thigh.

Don't forget the feather on a roach clip fastened somewhere on your person.
narlyknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006   #3
Kat

Find a picture of Brett Michaels from Poison from thier early stuff. That'll explain everything. Or Cinderella, Motley Crue, Scorpions, etc. He's right about the bandanna. Damn I feel old.

What kind of makeup did guys wear,

Eyeliner with a big blonde frizzy wig.
Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012   #4

even this is looking older than your party :D
Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote