Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Types of Bikes > Touring > 9,600 km fence in oz???

9,600 km fence in oz???

This is a discussion on 9,600 km fence in oz??? within the Touring forums, part of the Types of Bikes category; i'm wondering if anyone can solve a 'fence' question for me, is there a dingo fence that stretches east / ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2006   #1

Default 9,600 km fence in oz???

i'm wondering if anyone can solve a 'fence' question for me, is there a dingo fence that stretches east / west across australia?

for some silly reason, i'm thinking it would be cool to follow one of these fences with a motorbike (and lots of water, haha)

i have read on the dingo fence which goes from the east coast down to the south coast which is 5000 km long and have read on the rabbit proof fence on the west coast, running north / south.

i have also seen sites talking about a 9,600 km fence that goes across all of australia but no proof has been given. no pictures or maps.

can anyone confirm such a fence please?

and can anyone follow these fences if they are so inclined to do so? i understand u need a 4x4 vehicle loaded with water and petrol. if permission is needed, who do u get it from?

thanks in advance!!

ps, some sites claim australia has the longest structure in the world (dingo fence that is 5,200 km long) but the great wall of china is 6,000 km long so what are they talking aboot?
jasemhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006   #2

Default 9,600 km fence in oz???

There is a fence. I have seen it. (on tv)
budak p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012   #3

I searched the stuff on youtube :(
Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012   #4

I'm 13 years old and a girl, and i run once in a while. Mostly once a week or two to get out my frustration. I run around my block, which is roughly 600 meters.