Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Dam ride

This is a discussion on Dam ride within the Touring forums, part of the Types of Bikes category; Saturday ,the wife and I went for a ride to 3 of the area dams. We have had record rainfalls ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2006   #1

Default Dam ride

Saturday ,the wife and I went for a ride to 3 of the area dams. We have had record rainfalls this year and most all the lakes are at maximum flood pool.For the first time all 3 major dams on the White river basin had flood gates open at the same time. It is only the 4th time since 1953 that they have been open on Bull Shoals Lake .All 17 gates open
Dboi813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006   #2

Default Dam ride

After leaving Bull Shoals we headed up Hwy 14 to the Table Rock Lake dam near Branson Mo. to get a look at it.
Old 07-09-2006   #3

Default Dam ride

We were off to Eureka Springs and Beaver Lake to catch the 3rd dam, but when we arrived,I found that we were to late and they had closed the gates. If you look you can see the water is at the top of the gates.
A tad bit disappointed, we headed back into Eureka to grab a bite at Sparkys, one of our favorite places to eat and grab a beer.
All together we rode about 250 miles in almost prefect conditions for a great day.
Old 07-10-2006   #4

Default Dam ride

Those are really great pictures! My wife and I drove down to Eureka Springs last summer, but we didn't stop at Sparky's. We ate down town where most of the bikes stop. I've heard Sparky's is a good place to eat, so next time we'll stop there.
desayuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006   #5

Default Dam ride

Nice ride and great pix. Thanks for posting them.:)

How often since then have they had to release some water?
You guys got hammered over the past couple of weeks.
bigmikeyb245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006   #6

Default Dam ride

How often since then have they had to release some water?
You guys got hammered over the past couple of weeks.

Bull Shoals released 2weeks ago and last weekend, that is 2 of the 4 times in it's history and 1 time was ceremonial,so this was only the 3rd release because of high water since 1957
Table Rock Has released at least 3 times in the last month, it has a smaller flood pool level than Bull Shoals
Beaver released 2 times this month, but they are having to hold as much as they can because it is the first dam in the White River. It flows into Table Rock, then to Bull Shoals
Last weekend was the first time all 3 were releasing at the same time, but I didn't make it in time to get pics of all of them
More rain forcast for Friday . so maybe I'll have another chance
Old 07-11-2006   #7

Default Dam ride

We ate down town where most of the bikes stop.

That must have been the Pied Piper It's always got lots of bikes hanging out there.... Nice watering Hole :D

http://www.piedpiperpub.com/main.html

Rat
Old 07-12-2006   #8

Default Dam ride

We've eaten at the Pied Piper, and the food was good. But, it's the one across the street with the big parking lot and just up the street a little. The food was good there, too, but service was pretty slow. We like sitting outside at the Pied Piper so we can see everything. The wife is wanting to go to Silver Dollar City, so we'll make it a weekend and go to Eureka Springs next. We're retired, so we can take as long as we wish. :)
Pedro S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006   #9

Default Dam ride

Cool tour and great pics! I can almost hear the roar! Thanks for posting cruzrat!
Stardog Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006   #10

Default Dam ride

Very cool pics. Great view, I bet it was a nice ride.
r6crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote