Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Types of Bikes > Touring > Food Stogare / Eating While Touring

Food Stogare / Eating While Touring

This is a discussion on Food Stogare / Eating While Touring within the Touring forums, part of the Types of Bikes category; So, i know there's already a thread about eating on the bike, but what about eating off the bike? i've ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2006   #1

Default Food Stogare / Eating While Touring

So, i know there's already a thread about eating on the bike, but what about eating off the bike? i've usually carried a little soft cooler with about two or three days worth of food, and since i'm planing on doing some long term travel, i'm curious to see what others do to compliment the mom 'n' pop's and greassy spoons.
ANJU R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006   #2

I usually toss some power bars under the seat. Just make sure you have some water or something as that crap will line your throat. :o
Alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006   #3

Usually just water. I don't eat much to start with...
The Emperor of Ecstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #4

I have a small soft 6-pack cooler I carry in my saddlebags during the summer months if I'm out for an all day ride, mostly for drinks, I'll stop at a cafe if I want to eat :)
Grant R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #5

I have been wrestling with this as I am getting ready to start mu US tour which will have me living from the bike for a long period of time and I have yet to decide on a cooler or not...I am interested to see what everyone else has to say.
Netty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006   #6
Kay

MRE's are always a good idea.
Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #7

I picked soft, but it is just for water and such. Don't carry any food along. So, does that really count??
brazilian beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #8

I have a combination soft hard cooler. I took a soft cooler and inserted one these plastic tupperware with a two pc top that folds down level. That way I can load it up with ice and drinks in the bttm compartment (without leaking), fold down the top and put any other stuff on top that I want to stay cool, but not wet, and then zip up the cooler. Been doing this way for years. I travel a lot for business and when I'm local I go on the bike.

Let me see if I can post some pics. I change the soft cooler after about a year, the zipper breaks. The coolers are about $10.

MGM (make good memories)
CJ

zacharyjadick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #9

The cooler with a blow up camping pillow doubles as my backrest. With the plastic container inside it doesn't loose its shape. I know it doesn't look like much, but after 38 yrs riding, it just doesn't matter to me anymore.:)

When I'm on the road I stop in grocery stores most of the time. The cooler's not big enough for 3 days worth of food. Course maybe it's time for me to upgrade.

MGM (make good memories)
CJ
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #10

I bought a small bicycle cooler a few years ago.
It doubles as my rear rack bag on my dual sport, but on long hauls I put it, "somewhere" on the bike.
I usually fill it with snack foods, (I like to eat light until I get off the bike).
Granola bars, a cup cake or 2, power bars, peanuts, trail mix, etc, stuff like that. I'll open a bag for something and place it between my legs on the seat and pick all ride, (annouys my wife, "Keep your hands on the bar and eyes on the road"
"Why is it going to do tricks"?!!
I have a 60 oz drinking system I swig on all ride, so unless my bladder tells me it's time to stop NOW, I can ride till I need fuel.
Joe
GearHead318 is offline   Reply With Quote