Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Types of Bikes > Touring > RIDE REPORT!! Chromekid01 does america

RIDE REPORT!! Chromekid01 does america

This is a discussion on RIDE REPORT!! Chromekid01 does america within the Touring forums, part of the Types of Bikes category; Ok I have started this thread to we pretty much talk about my planning and such and maybe even throw ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2006   #1

Default RIDE REPORT!! Chromekid01 does america

Ok I have started this thread to we pretty much talk about my planning and such and maybe even throw some history into why I am doing this ride in the first place...I know I might be crazy and yep this all sounds like the trip of a lifetime and well I think it is......

I will post more in here soon as my mind slows down a bit and I can think to type all the things that will make this sound like a great idea or even well planned.:D

This is the beginning though 28days till I leave everything behind and begin life from my motorcycle only...no rent,no utilities just me my Ducati a laptop and some clothes and camping gear....no return date nothing really to return to and lots of open roads everywhere in all directions..Oh yeah and some loose plans on meeting some people along the way:) CD I haven't forgot about our Dragon meet I'll be there for sure
Kevin P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006   #2

Sounds like fun.

How do you carry your laptop?
Misha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006   #3

Sounds like fun.

How do you carry your laptop?

My laptop goes in the top case quite easily:D
Old 06-19-2006   #4

Well everyone here is a few pics of the prep going on so that this trip can go smoothly..

This is the trusty Ducati Multistrada that will be making this possible with the front apart so we can add the waterproof 12v accessory outlet

This is a pic of my friend Troy's bike and jeep

Beautiful Blue sky just no good/fun roads down here in Daytona:(

Yep thats my ugly mug and yes I already know I need a shave LOL

Me again just not catchin flies this time lol

Troy hard at work making the precision hole for the outlet to go in.

Close up of the work going on:D

This is my faithful Pit Bull and my constant ride companion...as this trip begins you'll see lots of him.

This is the final look of the install, looks almost as if it was there from the factory huh?

This is the new tent that replaces the first one that I took on a pre-run and lost the poles...but this will be home for as long as I can out on this trip across America.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f276/chromekid01/US%20Tour%20prep%20pics/Trippreppics018.jpg
Old 06-19-2006   #5

nice job on the outllet. And, nice tent, how small does that baby get, can you fit it inside, or do you have to strap it on the outside? Them saddlebags appear to be good sized.
Darkness Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006   #6

is just you going or your buddy too??? lookin forward to readin your trip. dont forget toliet paper!!!
Vini V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006   #7

nice job on the outllet. And, nice tent, how small does that baby get, can you fit it inside, or do you have to strap it on the outside? Them saddlebags appear to be good sized.

Well the tent does compress quite small but it along with my thermarest,chair,and sleeping bag all go on the out side, and thats not a bad thing as it gives me a bit more clothes since this is a trip that could last 3 months,6 months a year hell maybe more if I really dig it.
Old 06-20-2006   #8

is just you going or your buddy too??? lookin forward to readin your trip. dont forget toliet paper!!!

Well this trip is primarily a solo trip but my friend is going to try and join me for a bit of it...hell me and Troy go back about 20ish years now and we are only 31 so it would be cool but we are in 2 different places in our life mine has me exploring the country and his life is taking him back to Mass. with his wife.:) but I know he'll get out and ride some when I get near his state..
Old 06-21-2006   #9

I am doing a weekend camp and ride to test out some of my new camp gear and a better way to pack it all....here are a few pics of the setup right be fore I leave for south florida...and yep I am gonna take lots of pics and ya'll will get to see them here..

If you have any suggestions on the packing or ideas I would love to hear tham as this is all fairly new to me but I am determined to be out on the road exploring the US in just 24 short days:D

Oh and to answer a question the bags are all 36L hard cases:D

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f276/chromekid01/US%20Tour%20prep%20pics/Trippreppics029.jpg
Old 06-22-2006   #10

Good luck! Send me a pm if you find yourself on Long Island.
Dumptrucker is offline   Reply With Quote