Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Types of Bikes > Vintage > 1918 Harley found on craigslist today...

1918 Harley found on craigslist today...

This is a discussion on 1918 Harley found on craigslist today... within the Vintage forums, part of the Types of Bikes category; Wow. How the heck would you even begin to assess the value of a bike like this, and furthermore... WHY ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2006   #1

Default 1918 Harley found on craigslist today...

Wow. How the heck would you even begin to assess the value of a bike like this, and furthermore... WHY would you put it on Craigslist of all places?? This is straight up auction material as far as I'm concerned:

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcy/781709124.html
cblack6540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006   #2

Well, e-bay does have some flakes, as does craiglist, but it seems you'll get more $$$ by listing it on CL, and no fees, etc...
BTW, I went to a local Harley shop about 20 years ago, and the guy that ran the place had gotten one in, but I think it was OLDER.I asked when he got it, he said he just picked it up. I went over there and looked at it, and lo and be-hold, there was still a $25 tag sale "tag" on it....And, I know that son of a gun talked them down even more!!! Once he saw that I saw the tag, he ran right up to it and yanked it off....Good score, wish it woulda been me!:D
JJCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006   #3

oh my...

that is a beautiful piece. i've seen bikes like this go in the high 60's to 80's. so it's a steal for 45!
if i had the cash i would buy it in a heartbeat. restored you could fetch over 100 i bet. This is a nice piece of history.
luckymandav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #4

Not only would I restore it,I'd just "Have" to go do a couple of Toy runs in my neck of the woods with That!!
shawngossman is offline   Reply With Quote