Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Types of Bikes > Vintage > Pic's of my free bike.

Pic's of my free bike.

This is a discussion on Pic's of my free bike. within the Vintage forums, part of the Types of Bikes category; My friend was given this 68' YCS1E. He took a good look at it and realized he couldn't fix it ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2009   #1

Default Pic's of my free bike.

My friend was given this 68' YCS1E. He took a good look at it and realized he couldn't fix it so he called "me". He asked if I wanted it but at first I was reluctant. To many projects around here right now. Well I decided it would be better if I took a look at it. I really had no intention of taking it home.

This is what I found.

After letting it sit for nine months I finally decided to try and get it running. I cleaned the carb's, fuel tank and oil injection tank. I had to drill the lead out of the petcock and replace the seal, lines and screen's. I put on new fuel filter's, pulled the plugs and shot three squirts of oil in the cylinders. I grabbed the battery out of my wife's bike and hot wired the ignition. After 3 kicks it popped and I thought "NO WAY". I had forgot to hold down the starter valve so I reached over to push it down and decided to hit the starter button. She cranked right over and started right up. I let it get warm at idle, smoke filled the garage and i yelled WOO HOO! My kids went nuts.

My neighbor came over and said " So; You've been working on that every night for a week EH". I said "Yes" with excitement and pride. He then made a comment I shan't soon forget. He said" You could have worked overtime for couple of hours and paid someone else to do it". I looked at him and smiled. I then said " That's true Roger but do you know what? When I started that thing and revved it up I said WOO HOO! and I don't do that at work"

Here's how it turned out after cleaning it up and getting the rust off with some fine steel wool.

I just wanted to share that with someone. I hope you liked it.

Last edited by T140V; 03-31-2009 at 01:10 AM.
T140V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009   #2

It has to be a good feeling. It looks really good. Enjoy the ride.

Mcneuby
Mcneuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012   #3

Nice conditioned bike it looks really nice.
Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote