Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Types of Bikes > Choppers > Beware Darkside Chariots!!!

Beware Darkside Chariots!!!

This is a discussion on Beware Darkside Chariots!!! within the Choppers forums, part of the Types of Bikes category; Darkside Chariots out of Gastonia NC....well not for long....they are currently packing up and moving to FL. Well I just ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2006   #1

Default Beware Darkside Chariots!!!

Darkside Chariots out of Gastonia NC....well not for long....they are currently packing up and moving to FL. Well I just wanted to warn people of these guys. They are conartists.......they are selling kitbikes and complete bikes without a dealers license. Very illegal. They also ask for your money in full up front before they would even start on the bike, then they go shopping....not for your parts but for themselves. They have sold several bikes over the last year and have yet to deliver the first one, not to mention even come close to finishing the first one. So if you have bought a bike from these guys you may want to contact your attorney.
billcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006   #2

Thanks for the headsup. You may want to report them to the USBBB and the FTC. Hope you didn't get burned too badly... :(
helpful g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006   #3

These guys might want to be cautious about ripping off bikers. Could create some bad karma...sooner or later a face from the past appears...even if it doesn't, all scores are eventually settled...Karma
ThoughtWords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006   #4

Karma isn't something you want to mess with. It will eventually come back around to those guys. I just hate that their are innocent people out there that trusted these guys and gave them money up front.
billcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #5

Two of my friends and I brought bikes from Darkside Chariots Aug 06 with scheduled delivery date of 17 Jul 07. The guys from DS are driving up from Naples, FL to NC on 27 Jul so they can deliver all three bikes to us on Camp Lejeune, NC Marine Base. Once the bikes are delivered to us as contracted and promised, we will post our dealing with DS on here and post some photos of the bikes they build. I will keep you posted and updated on the events. I have been to their old shop in NC and I can say, no one else comes close to the style of bike they build, pure evil is what they are. Check them out
www dot darksidechariots dot com

SEMPER FI
USMC
misshyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #6

Looks like we'll have to wait and see. Don't matter to me if they are building the coolest thing goin' if they are rippin' people off.
Mark P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #7

Damn.....and here I thought I was gonna have some competition moving my shop down to the neighboring town of Ft. Myers, FL. but if their not legit, then I've got nothin to worry about.
ghe010270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #8

My question is where can you store 3 choppers on a Marine base? 'Least they would be safe.
yoshiltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006   #9

The good thing is I have a place out in town as does one of the other Marines. But one of us does live on base and SHE (YES SHE, and she is having a HUGE 56 DEG OF RAKE, 9.5 FT long chopper being built) does not have a place to store it. Looks like it may end up at my place (as long as the key is there and I can ride it when I want).

Shawn
USMC
Leonized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006   #10

I hope ya get exactly what ya pay for and all goes well. Might have to upsize the storage building for a 9 and a half footer.
Sylvie M is offline   Reply With Quote