Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Types of Bikes > Choppers > Chinese Mini Chopper

Chinese Mini Chopper

This is a discussion on Chinese Mini Chopper within the Choppers forums, part of the Types of Bikes category; 162 Cute Little chopper runs good has electric & kick start lights and nice finish for just a measley $450. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2006   #1

Default Chinese Mini Chopper

Cute Little chopper runs good has electric & kick start lights and nice finish for just a measley $450. Problem is, not street legal and a bit cramped for adult use. Good kids toy or trainer. 110cc Honda type 4-stroke.
kirsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #2

I looked into becoming a dealer for one of the west coast distributors for those and the other bikes and quads they offer from china. You wouldn't believe what my dealer cost for those things are......trouble is, trying to stand behind those products with the type of warranties they offer is really tough. Your pretty much on your own as a dealer to scare up the replacement parts and eat the cost and labor yourself. Because of that I walked away. I like being able to stand behind my products and the work we do.....I like sleeping at night.
Capt.
Rob W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #3

Problem is, not street legal and a bit cramped for adult use.
The "bit cramped for adult use" part I get, but at 110cc why couldn't they be made street legal? Don't they have a maximum speed right around 40 mph? I could understand that they'd never make the freeway, but why not on surface streets? Is it a visibility-to-other-drivers issue?
ThoughtWords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #4

I think the key issue here is not the speed or the minimum brake horsepower, but the EPA. I don't think any of them could pass the strict new emission reg.s for street use not to mention the $10,000.oo EPA inspection fee for each model per year. I think if you looked carefully, somewhere on the machine it should have a sticker declaring it for OFF ROAD USE ONLY. Yeah it's a pisser alright...if we're not careful, we're gonna regulate ourselves down to riding broomsticks while uttering vrrooom...vrroooom. Just a personal opinion of course.
Capt.
j420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #5

I bought the bike with the intent of making it street legal. It will go plenty fast and could be faster with a larger rear wheel. It needs a harley 74 size rear tire to get your butt up off the road, decrease the radical rake, and make it comfortable for adults. The exhaust is straight through and needs a shorty muffler, lights work on the front but no real rear lights. I bought a junk Honda 175 to get the title and parts to make this bike legal (through reconstructed title process)but ended up buying a Rebel 250 that suits my needs. The mini chopper is in brand new condition and has only had about a half mile test run before going into the living room. For breaking in I filled the tank with chainsaw gas and it's still nearly full. I paid $500 for it from a dealer who was closing them out, it was the nicest of the three he had and the others sold the same day. For someone who has a chopper of their own, and a kid, and some room...it would make a nice gift.
kirsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #6

that is sweet...i haven't seen anything like it.
ailee is offline   Reply With Quote