Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Types of Bikes > Choppers > Insurance for custom chopper--PLEASE HELP!!

Insurance for custom chopper--PLEASE HELP!!

This is a discussion on Insurance for custom chopper--PLEASE HELP!! within the Choppers forums, part of the Types of Bikes category; I'm hoping someone can help. I recently purchased a 2003 custom chopper. The make and model is listed as custom. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2006   #1

Default Insurance for custom chopper--PLEASE HELP!!

I'm hoping someone can help. I recently purchased a 2003 custom chopper. The make and model is listed as custom. I'm having hell getting insurance. I've tried everyone I can think of--progressive, geiko,state farm, allstate, foremost, and many others. I've only gotten 2 quotes and they've been outrageous--Foremost $1556.00 a year, and Progressive $3600.00 a year. By the way, I live in Louisiana and I've got to have full coverage because the bike is financed. Any help would be appreciated.
RacerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #2

Try this site. http://www.motorcycleinsurancequotes...mchoppers.html
If nothing else, it should give you and idea of what your up against.
Capt.
R1volta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #3

Foremost is going to be your best (only) bet. If you have major medical insurance outside your motorcycle policy, you dont need PIP, Med Pay or Uninsured Motorist (the medical coverage, in the Uninsured Motorist, is duplicate to your major medical insurance and the collision coverage in the Uninsured Motorist is duplicate to the collision coverage you are already purchasing) If this doesnt make sense, call me @ (832) 364-6630 and I'll explain further.

-Dan
wsstanfield57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006   #4

If you were ever in the military, USAA is an awesome agent. It is cheap becuase they only insure miltary and former military. So the numbers are low.

Shawn
USMC
usmc4hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006   #5

mines through progressive, and it maybe a little higher but the coverage and service kicks ass
snissari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #6

SELL IT and buy a 4000 lb death machine... at least then you can insure it....lol
only joking......
i think maybe you need to contact bike buliders, parts venders and go to motercycle events and start petitions and organizing protests.. ... a biker ban on insurance companies... .. when these states past laws for mandatory insurance they said it would bring down price... . . .. how about NO FALT INSURANCE??.... how about PAY AT THE PUMP INSURANCE?? the more you drive the more you pay...... if you have a big gas hog you pay more.. .. write your congrass... how about separation of insurance companies and state!! .. lol .. .. heck the squeaky wheel gets the grease.. ... if insurance is mandatory in your state then the your state needs to controll the prices.... .. .
just one more thing...lol .. .. how come a kid str8 out highschool needs to hold a drivers licence for a 4000 LB car before he can obtain a endorsement to ride a moped... lol .. ..... what can i say... life is backwords... lol
this is my rant.... lol have a nice day :)
dancingdog777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #7

The problem is the cost to replace parts if the bike gets dropped. Everything has to be custom made, which means big bucks for them, which equates to huge bucks for you.

I find my costs are lower if I combine my homeowners, life, car and bike insurance. It's also a reason why I ride vintage bikes -- full coverage on my 1971 CB350 Twin is less than $40/year. Sounds like your cool chopper is going to be an expensive girl to keep up with.
Reid B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006   #8

Give Josephine a call at 1 800 622-2201 - MBA Insurance Group in Scottsdale, AZ, tell her Lumpy sent ya' They do customs (and my rentals)

Or give Hacienda Harley-Davidson a call - they have a Nationwide agent on the sales floor. I had my Custom Chopper insured for $40,000 actual, it was $1,200 a year. ($100 a month)

480 905-1903 ask for the Nationwide agent

L2 Lumpy
Firefighters Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006   #9

By the way, my chopper wasn't listed in the NADA or Blue Book - Full on Custom with a Manufacturers Title, not an Assembled....

Jailbreak - he may have gotton it placed in one or the other by now

L2 Lumpy
vickeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006   #10

ZX, did you get that info?

Lumpy
http://www.l2motorcyclerentals.com
banshee is offline   Reply With Quote