Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

definitions

This is a discussion on definitions within the Rebel forums, part of the Honda category; In an e-mail with gearjammer recently, he clarified for me the term 'header', and which part of the exhaust pipe ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2008   #1

Default definitions

In an e-mail with gearjammer recently, he clarified for me the term 'header', and which part of the exhaust pipe it is. As a kid, I used to see stickers and such which said ' love my hooker headers' and for years, assumed they were something to do with prostitutes. Though I learned they were part of the exhaust system, I could only make assuptions.

So another assumption I'm making now is regarding the term 'bone risers' , which has been tossed about in one of the topics on getting a bike to fit better. The obvious is that it gets your legs up or out farther. What are they, exactly?
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008   #2

Default definitions

"Dog bone risers" = aptly named because of their design. One end "wraps around"/mounts to the straight bar in the stock handlebar clamps, the other ends act as clamps to accept the new handlebar. Each end is slightly rounded & an obvious larger outside diameter than the stem portion of the riser......in essence, it looks like a "dog bone" :wink:
speedyrider77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #3

Default definitions

I used to see stickers and such which said ' love my hooker headers' and for years, assumed they were something to do with prostitutes.

LMAO thats some funnystuff :D
debbiethurstonhumbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008   #4

Default definitions

So another assumption I'm making now is regarding the term 'bone risers' , which has been tossed about in one of the topics on getting a bike to fit better. The obvious is that it gets your legs up or out farther. What are they, exactly?

:shock: You were'nt thinking about those little blue pills were you. :lol:

Howard
Erin go Bragh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #5

Default definitions

Dog Bones!
http://i7.ebayimg.com/03/i/05/91/ee/43_1.JPG
samz7092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #6

Default definitions

Howard wrote: "You were'nt thinking about those little blue pills were you."

hehehe.....those little blue pills would probably change a 4" riser to the degree where extended cables were needed.... :wink:
sheila l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008   #7

Default definitions

hehehe.....those little blue pills would probably change a 4" riser to the degree where extended cables were needed.... :wink:

AH if only that were true.

Howard
pansantander is offline   Reply With Quote