Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Honda > Rebel > Easily Broken Turn Signals!

Easily Broken Turn Signals!

This is a discussion on Easily Broken Turn Signals! within the Rebel forums, part of the Honda category; Has anyone noticed how far out the rear turn signals protrude from the bike? I recently replaced both signals from ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2009   #1

Question Easily Broken Turn Signals!

Has anyone noticed how far out the rear turn signals protrude from the bike?

I recently replaced both signals from separate events in which someone accidentally tipped my bike over. In both incidents the rest of the motorcycle was virtually untouched while the back left/right turn signals were completely destroyed.

Seeing as though they are made of plastic/rubber/glass etc. they basically explode upon contact with the ground.

My question is what do we do about this? The obvious is not to ever let your bike tip over, and not let a friend accidentally kick one off when swinging a leg over to sit behind you(also happened once).

The lights are just out there and ready to be destroyed at the first misfortune. I am wondering if there is an option for custom turn signal cages or mini roll-bars or some sort of structure that could at least minimally protect the lights. Do these exist already? Should I just make my own? Has anyone else had problems with this??

At $40.00 to replace each side if broken, it would be worth it to me for the hassle i've experienced and the worry I'd like to prevent to set up some kind of defense!

Input is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

-Josh (Rebel 250 1986)
whiteninja13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010   #2

Josh
your biggest problem with turn signals during a tip over is the front ones dent the fuel tank. The rubber mounts are cheap, under ten bucks. See the unofficial rebel websight

Last edited by Curto; 01-05-2010 at 12:24 AM. Reason: mispelled word
Curto is offline   Reply With Quote