Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mirror problems

This is a discussion on Mirror problems within the Rebel forums, part of the Honda category; I'm short and had to lower the handlebars and tweak the controls on my Rebel so I could easily reach ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2008   #1

Default Mirror problems

I'm short and had to lower the handlebars and tweak the controls on my Rebel so I could easily reach them. Now I can't get the mirrors adjusted so that I can just glance and check them. The best I can get them requires that I actually bend forward to check them. Now, I'm thinkin this probably isn't a real good thing to be doing when I'm just learning to ride :shock:

Any ideas or are there any other type mirrors that will adjust more/better?
johnnyrodrrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #2

Default Mirror problems

You're absolutely right in that you want to have immediate & easy viewing of your mirrors, whether just learning or not. The stems mounted in the controls might have limited adjustments, but you could easily mount aftermarket universal type mirrors on your handlebars.....www.jcwhitney.com should have some or any indie shop in your area. Once you've gotten the proper ones, the stock ones can simply be removed & you could either cap the threaded wells in the controls or screw in some short stainless bolts to keep moisture out of the wells in case they needed to be used at some point in future.
hirebrandkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #3

Default Mirror problems

Thanks for the info GearJammer. I have looked at some aftermarket mirrors but wasn't sure if they would work. I'll check em out!
Old 05-31-2008   #4

Default Mirror problems

The locknut on the stem by the mirror allows you to rotate the mirror up and down, should be able to get it where you need it there.
larry r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008   #5

Default Mirror problems

The locknut on the stem by the mirror allows you to rotate the mirror up and down, should be able to get it where you need it there.

yep, thats what i had to do . . the left mirror was perfect first time i adjusted it . . the right, i had a heckuva time getting it set where i wanted. . . till my buddy told me to loosen the luck-nut on there . . . took a few times tweaking and adjusting, a few rides around the block making sure i could see what i wanted . . but i got them right where i want them now!
pro08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #6

Default Mirror problems

Thanks, I'll try that. I'd rather keep the original mirrors but so far I've had them every which way but loose and still can't see out of them :roll: