Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Honda > Rebel > Windshield and T/S pics

Windshield and T/S pics

This is a discussion on Windshield and T/S pics within the Rebel forums, part of the Honda category; I got the WS and T/S's installed and they look great!! I am pleased with the WS as it is ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2007   #1

Default Windshield and T/S pics

I got the WS and T/S's installed and they look great!! I am pleased with the WS as it is not obtrusive and it doesn't bother me when riding. I thought it would be awkward at first to ride with it on but it seemed "natural". The Mirrors will be in today and they are black.

Edit: CTC, you can use anyone of these pics to post for members bikes.

Actually took it to the gas station to fill it up...2.5 gal. (I had just switched to reserve) and drove it around a little!
devonte d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #2

Lookin' clean 'n sweet! Very nice!

I don't run T/S's or windshields, but most of the bikers I ride with at least run T/S's & some have windshields & they're not removing those windshields anytime soon! They must be getting used to fewer bugs in their teeth, ROTFLMAO!

Again, well done, Brother!
galeo7171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #3

Snorey, I tried to copy & paste the last pic in your post to try to use it for a reference in trying to explain how a trailer fender might be adapted to the stock fender struts. Was going to copy & paste it to start another thread so's not to hijack this one. The pics you posted came out great, but the copy & paste didn't work.

May I please have your permission to hijack this thread for a bit ? LOL!
NAitik J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007   #4

Sure -- Go ahead and hijack it -- but when Homeland Security comes knockin' on your door ROTFLMAO!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2007   #5

Now that's a nice WS Snorey, it looks like it was born to the bike.

Chopper Rick
Irishpride 209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007   #6

Snorey wrote: "Sure -- Go ahead and hijack it -- but when Homeland Security comes knockin' on your door ROTFLMAO!!!!!!"

ROTFFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!! They haven't come knockin' yet, but they're probably still keepin' me in the "under surveillance" phase trying to build their case....hehehe

(Thanx VERY much, Brother)

Was wondering how one might mount a trailer fender without going the hardtail route & was looking at the last pic that Snorey posted here while trying to figure this out.

Materials needed:
Flat fender of proper radius (radius being the same curvature of the rear wheel. A trailer fender for a 15" or even 16" tire would probably work). The width of the fender would also preferably be close to the same width between the stock fender struts/rails.
One 3 ft. length of steel flat plate, 1" x 1/8". (Home Depot)
Four 1/4" bolts, maybe 1/2" long max
Four lock washers & nuts

Referring to the Snorey's last pic, the fender rails could be cut approx. mid-point under the side reflector on the stock fender. This would leave 2 stock mounting bolts on the fender rail, which would be used for mounting the fabbed brackets.

The trailer fender, for the sake of example, could be positioned so that the end of the trailer fender was approx. where the end of the stock fender rail (before any cuts were made) is. (This mod would also require some thought as to re-positioning of taillight, license plate bracket & installation of seat, but am concentrating on the fender mount here).

Using the flat plate, one could cut 2 lengths that would mount by using the stock fender rail bolts & the brackets would run under the trailer fender to brace it up. 1/8" steel flat plate isn't too difficult to work with, especially if one has a BFH at their disposal, LMAO! Just keep working & shaping the brackets to fit as closely under the contour of the trailer fender as possible. Drill the needed holes on each end of the brackets for mounting with the stock fender rail bolts. Then drill holes thru both fender & the brackets underneath, 2 holes each near the top center of the trailer fender.

Even with the stock shocks, this would lower the rear fender aesthetic down to the same level as the fender rails, which is a considerable lowering visually. To avoid any bottoming out, just insure that the brackets are long enough to allow adequate tire clearance once the trailer fender is mounted.

DISCLAIMER: This would be for fender mounting only & I wouldn't recommend trying to pack a passenger on 1/8" steel brackets. Steel flat plate of 1/4" would definitely hold a passenger's weight, but 1/4" steel flat plate would also be a bear to try to work with unless one had some heavy-duty tools on hand)
karkrazie626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007   #7

Thank You Chopper Rick!!! I am humbled by your words. :oops:

It took quite a while and alot of looking at different WS's to decide on this one. It is a National Cycle Street Shield EX. Decided that it was big enough to fit and look good but not overpower the bike. I sure was relieved that it captured that look I wanted. Sometimes when you imagine something, it doesn't turn out that way in reality.
Old 04-17-2007   #8

GJ wrote..."Referring to the Snorey's last pic, the fender rails could be cut approx. mid-point under the side reflector on the stock fender. This would leave 2 stock mounting bolts on the fender rail, which would be used for mounting the fabbed brackets."

GJ, won't the fender rails be to wide to fit to a trailer fender? I don't mean to be a stickler about this but i'm still having trouble understanding how that would work. I know it's not your instructions that's the problem here, it seems to be my lack of building skills & not able to visualize it were i feel i'm probably having the problem comprehending this. I think i need some step by instructions with either pictures or sketches before i can grasp this.

Chopper Rick
Matthew M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007   #9

No problem, Chopper Rick, I apologize as I know it's often difficult to explain without pics.

Trailer fenders are usually 5" or 6" wide (there's even wider ones available, but I believe 5" or 6" would be closer to the right size. As long as the distance between the fender rails is wide enough to place the trailer fender between 'em, the brackets would take up any slack & the brackets would be the supports needed to hold the fender in place.

Was thinking more about this after posting & the ends of the brackets might need to be high enough coming up from their mounting points at the stock fender boltings on the fender rails to raise the fender up just a tad to provide adequate tire clearance.

Essentially, you'd have the trailer fender placed between the stock fender rails, 2 homemade brackets running under the trailer fender for support & each bracket would be bolted on either side to the stock fender rails using the stock fender mounting points/bolts. To attach the trailer fender to the brackets beneath it, you'd drill 2 holes side by side on each bracket center to line up with 2 holes drilled side by side thru the fender above.
mostro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007   #10

By the way Snorey, i didn't mean to hijack your WS post with this fender stuff, my apologies too you.

Chopper Rick
thc451 is offline   Reply With Quote