|Front Tire||110/90-18 '83|
|Rear Tire||140-90-16 '83|
|Brochures · Reviews · Ads · Videos|
In 1983, Honda replaced the CB900C with the CB1000C. The CB1000C used the dual-range transmission previously available on the CB900C. The 978cc version had 89 horsepower and included the TRAC anti-dive system also featured on the 1983 CB1100F.
The CB1000C'83 1000 Custom was sold in 1983 in one of two color schemes: Black with Achilles black Metallic or Candy Regal Brown with Chestnut Gold Metallic. the gas tank and side covers were two-tone. The wheels were comstar wheels. The taillight was integrated. The transmission was a 5-speed with dual range sub-transmission -- thus 10 speeds.
- Engine: Powerful, four-cylinder, 973cc, DOHC
- Transmission: Five-speed dual-range
- Drive: Shaft
- Suspension: Air-adjustable, leading-axle front forks
- Brakes: TRAC™ anti-dive control system with integrated fork brace
- Oil cooler: Large capacity
- Wheelbase: 1613mm (63.5 in.)
- Seat height: 790mm (31.1 in.)
- Fuel capacity: 16.7 liter (4.4 gal.)
- Dry weight: 266 kg (584.3 lb)