|Front Tire||120/80-16 '83-84|
|Rear Tire||130/80-18 '83-84|
|Brochures · Reviews · Ads · Videos|
First introduced in 1983 the Interceptor VF750F was a model which had no direct competitor, although it was derived from the VF750S Sabre (introduced a year earlier) it radically departed from the tradition of simply putting different fairings and handlebars on the sport models. It is often called the Interceptor V45, as in 45 cubic inches. Honda drove the new standard of separating sport and standard models. Cycle World Magazine named it motorcycle of the year and had a project Interceptor VF750F that they chromed and put on the cover. Honda also produced the VF700F to meet the 1980s motorcycle tariff. This bike was replaced by the Honda VFR750 in 1986.
The VF750F'83 V45 Interceptor was sold in 1983 and was available in one of two color schemes: Pearl Shell White with Candy Aleutian Blue or Pearl Shell White with Candy Bourgogne Red. The stripes on the blue bike were blue and the "V45" decal was red; but on the red bike the stripes were red and the "V45" decal was black. 5-speed transmission and chain drive.
- Engine: High-performance, 748cc, 45 cu. in. DOHC, 4-valve, liquid cooled, V-4
- Power: 86 horsepower
- Drive: Chain
- Cooling: Liquid-cooling system using two radiators
- Frame: Race-designed rectangular section
- Suspension: Air-adjustable Pro-Link™ rear suspension with adjustable rebound damping
- Brakes: TRAC™ anti-dive control system
- Wheels: Special ComCast™ alloy
- Wheelbase: 1496mm (58.9 in.)
- Seat height: 820mm (32.3 in.)
- Fuel capacity: 22 liters (5.8 gal.)
- The serial number began JH2RC150*DM000001.
The VF750F'84 750 Interceptor was sold in 1984 and was available in one of two color schemes: Pearl Shell White with Candy Aleutian Blue or Pearl Shell White with Candy Bourgogne Red. The stripes on the blue bike are red while they are black on the red bike. The "750" decal was white with a black outline.
- Engine: Liquid-cooled, 90° V4, 16-valve, DOHC
- Bore & Stroke: 70 x 48.6 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.5:1
- Clutch: Hydraulic one-way limited-slip clutch
- Transmission: 5-speed
- Drive: Chain
- Frame: Rectangular section
- Front Brakes: Dual Disc, Dual Piston Caliper
- Rear Brakes: Dual Piston Caliper Disc
- Front Suspension: Air-assisted Telescopic Fork with TRAC™ Anti-dive
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link™ Single Shock
- Front Tire size: 120/80-16
- Rear Tire size: 130/80-18
- Wheelbase: 1495 mm (58.8 in.)
- Seat Height: 820 mm (32.3 in)
- Dry Weight: 221 kg (487.1 lb)
- Fuel Capacity: 22 liters (4.8 Imp. Gal.) (5.7 US Gal.)
- The serial number began JH2RC150*EM100006.
Apparently they made a 1985 VF750F even though it's not listed in the Honda Model Identification guide.
- Cook, Marc (2005). Suzuki GSX-R "A legacy of Perfomance". David Bull Publishing. pp. 31-32. ISBN 189361851X.
|Motorcycles: CB series | CBF series | CM/CMX series | CX Series | CBR series | NSR series | CR series | Pacific Coast | XR/XL series | Bros/HawkGT | VF/VFR series | VT series | VTX series | ST series | Valkyrie series | GL series| NR series|
|Mopeds and light motorcycles: Ape models | Cub series | CT series | ST series/Dax | S series |Wave series | Z series|