|Front Tire||140/80-17 '98-02|
|Rear Tire||170/80-15 '98-02|
|Brochures · Reviews · Ads · Videos|
The Honda VT1100C3 is a cruiser motorcycle produced by Honda from 1998 to 2002 better known as the Honda Shadow Aero. It originally featured a single pin crank which due to Harley-Davidsons threats over the Potato Patent caused Honda to eventually revert the bike to the technically superior dual pin crank.
The Aero is Honda's retro VT1100. From its stretched overall length of 2502 millimeters to its ultra-low seat, the Aero emphasizes the best of classic styling. The valenced fenders, floorboards and fishtail exhaust all give the Aero it's classic profile while the ultra-wide 140/80-17 front and 170/80-15 rear tires offers a wide footprint. The custom saddle offers a high level of comfort while the detachable passenger portion allows an even more radical look when cruising solo.
- Available color schemes: Black; Somerset Orange with Pearl Antique White; Pearl Sonoma Green with Pearl Antique White; Black with Pearl Twilight Silver; or Black with Pearl Sedona Red
- This was the first Honda to have floorboards as standard equipment.
- The engine was rubber mounted.
- The speedometer was within the headlight case.
- The serial number began 1HFSC390*WA000001.
- Engine Type: Liquid cooled, 45° V-twin, dual offset pin crank
- Displacement: 1099cc
- Bore and Stoke: 87.5mm x 91.4mm
- Compression Ratio: 8:1
- Valve Train: SOHC, 3 valve per cylinder, self-adjusting hydraulic
- Carburetion: Twin 36mm, diaphragm-type CV
- Transmission: Wide-Ratio, 5-speed
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Front Suspension: 41mm fork, 150mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Dual shocks with 5-way spring preload adjustment, 95mm travel
- Front Tire: 140/80H-17
- Rear Tire: 170/80H-15
- Front Brakes: Single 316mm disc with twin piston caliper
- Rear Brakes: Single 276mm disc with single piston caliper
- Seat Height: 725mm (28.5")
- Wheelbase: 1680mm (66.1")
- Dry Weight: 279 kg (615 lb)
- Fuel Capacity: 15.8 liters
- Color: Silver/White, Black/Red, Black
|Motorcycles: CB series | CBF series | CM/CMX series | CX Series | CBR series | NSR series | CR series | Pacific Coast | XR/XL series | Bros/HawkGT | VF/VFR series | VT series | VTX series | ST series | Valkyrie series | GL series| NR series|
|Mopeds and light motorcycles: Ape models | Cub series | CT series | ST series/Dax | S series |Wave series | Z series|