The BMW R24 was a single cylinder, four-stroke Classic motorcycle produced by BMW between 1948 and 1950. It could reach a top speed of 59 mph (95 km/h). Claimed horsepower was 11.67 HP (8.7 KW) @ 5400 RPM.
|Also called||R 24|
|Production||1948 - 1950|
single cylinder, four-stroke
|Bore / Stroke||68.0mm x 68.0mm|
|Top Speed||59 mph (95 km/h)|
|Horsepower||11.67 HP (8.7 KW) @ 5400RPM|
|Transmission||Gear box: 4-speed
Final Drive: shaft drive (cardan)
|Brakes||Front: expanding brake (drum brake)
Rear: expanding brake (drum brake)
|Wheelbase||52.36 inches (1330 mm)|
|Length||78.74 inches (2000 mm)|
|Width||31.5 inches (800 mm)|
|Height||35.43 inches (900 mm)|
|Seat Height||27.95 inches (710 mm)|
|Weight||130.0 kg (wet)|
|Fuel Capacity||3.17 Gallon (12.00 Liters)|
|Fuel Consumption||3.50 liters/100 km (28.6 km/l or 67.21 mpg)|
BMW's first new post-war model, the 250cc BMW R24, arrived in 1948 looking pretty much like the pre-war BMW R23 but producing an additional 2bhp. In mid-1950 the R24 was superseded by the R25, which featured plunger rear suspension but was otherwise very similar.
The bike has a 4-speed transmission. Power was moderated via the single plate dry-cable operated.
It came with a 2.99-19 front tire and a 2.99-19 rear tire. Stopping was achieved via expanding brake (drum brake) in the front and a expanding brake (drum brake) in the rear. The front suspension was a cartridge while the rear was equipped with a rigid. The R24 was fitted with a 3.17 Gallon (12.00 Liters) fuel tank. The wheelbase was 52.36 inches (1330 mm) long.
1948 - 1950 BMW R 24Edit
The 1948 BMW R 24 has, at its heart, an air-cooled, four-stroke, 247cc, single cylinder engine paired to a four-speed manual transmission that can produce a claimed 12 horsepower at 5600 rpm. This agile machine also comes with a telescopic front fork, a rigid rear suspension with a sprung single seat, a drum braking system, laced wheels, full fenders, wide handlebars, a large, round headlamp and a small tail lamp.