air-cooled, four-stroke, single cylinder, side valve
|Bore / Stroke||63.5mm x 63.5mm|
|Horsepower||2.55 HP (1.9 KW) @ 3000RPM|
|Transmission||Gear box: 2-speed, manual
Final Drive: chain
|Suspension||Front: single spring girder fork
Rear: hard-tail, sprung seat
Rear: hand lever and foot pedal working independently on rear wheel dummy rim
|Front Tire||2.25 x 24|
|Rear Tire||2.25 x 24|
|Seat Height||27.99 inches (711 mm)|
|Weight||77.0 kg (wet)|
The BSA B was a air-cooled, four-stroke, single cylinder, side valve Classic motorcycle produced by BSA in 1928. Claimed horsepower was 2.55 HP (1.9 KW) @ 3000 RPM.
Engine[edit | edit source]
A 63.5mm bore x 63.5mm stroke result in a displacement of just 249.0 cubic centimeters.
Drive[edit | edit source]
The bike has a 2-speed, manual transmission. Power was moderated via the dry.
Chassis[edit | edit source]
It came with a 2.25 x 24 front tire and a 2.25 x 24 rear tire. Stopping was achieved via none in the front and a hand lever and foot pedal working independently on rear wheel dummy rim in the rear. The front suspension was a single spring girder fork while the rear was equipped with a hard-tail, sprung seat.
1928 BSA B[edit | edit source]
The 1927 BSA B, also known as the BSA "Round Tank", had, at its heart, an air-cooled, four-stroke, 249cc, single cylinder lump paired to a two-speed manual transmission and could reach a maximum power output of 2.5 horsepower at 3000 rpm.
The most defining feature for this machine would be the cylindrical shaped fuel tank, hence the nickname, but it also comes with a single spring girder fork, a sprung single saddle, a hard-tail rear suspension, a single exhaust system, wire-spoked wheels and a rear luggage rack.