The CB650C'80 650 Custom was sold in 1980 in Black or Candy Muse Red. The gas tank and side covers were solid color. The exhaust system was a 4-into-4. The front forks had a straight axle (no air assist). The single front disc brake was hydraulic. The engine was a 627cc 4-cylinder linked to a 5-speed transmission. The serial number began RC05-2000008.
The CB650C'81 Custom was sold in 1981 in one of two color schemes: Candy Universal Blue with Metallic Blue or Candy Muse Red with Metallic Brown. The gas tank and side covers were 2-tone. The bike had a leading axle and air assisted front forks. The dual front disc brakes were hydraulic operated. The engine was a 627cc 4-cylinder linked to a 5-speed transmission. The serial number began JH2RC051*BM100009
The CX650C'83 Custom was sold in 1983 in one of two color schemes: Black or Candy Wineberry Red. The headlight and instruments were round. The side covers were 2-tone in the basic color (black or red) and chrome. The "CUSTOM CX" rear fender decals were gold.
- Engine: 674cc OHV liquid-cooled transversed V-twin
- Cylinder heads: Unique four-valve Pentroof™ cylinder heads
- Transmission: Five-speed
- Drive: Shaft
- Ignition: Solid state
- Wheelbase: 1514mm (59.6 in.)
- Seat height: 780mm (30.7 in.)
- Fuel capacity: 12.5 liters (3.3 gal.)
- Dry weight: 196 kg (432 lb)
- The serial number began JH2RC110*DM000018.