The Honda MB50 is a 50cc, two stroke, single cylinder, street motorcycle manufactured by Honda. It was produced in 1980 that was a cross between a motorscooter and a sport bike. It was not intended to be a fast bike but it did have several features normally found on bigger bikes: a speedometer, a tachometer (with a redline of 10,500 rpm), front disc brake, and Honda's Comstar wheels.
49cc 2-stroke reed valve single cylinder with an oil injection lubrication system.
|Spark Plug||NGK BR8HS|
|Transmission||5-speed with a manual clutch|
|Recommended Oil||Honda GN4 10W-40|
The saddle provided space for a passenger, but the bike would have difficulty carrying more than one rider.
The MB-5 was only produced for 1982 in the U.S., but was more popular in Europe(1979-1981).
1982 Honda MB5'82 (also called MB50'82)
- Available two colors: Helios Red and Black
- The red unit had a blue fuel tank stripe
- The black unit had a red fuel tank stripe
- Engine: 49cc 2-stroke reed valve single cylinder with an oil injection lubrication system.
- Transmission: 5-speed with a manual clutch
- Serial number began: JH2AC0100CK000011
- Haynes repair manual number: 731
- Spark Plug: NGK BR8HS
|Motorcycles: CB series | CBF series | CM/CMX series | CX Series | CBR series | NSR series | CR series | Pacific Coast | XR/XL series | Bros/HawkGT | VF/VFR series | VT series | VTX series | ST series | Valkyrie series | GL series| NR series|
|Mopeds and light motorcycles: Ape models | Cub series | CT series | ST series/Dax | S series |Wave series | Z series|