BMW R 51/2
|BMW R 51/2|
air-cooled, four-stroke, boxer twin cylinder, 2 valves per cylinder
|Bore / Stroke||68.6mm x 68.6mm|
|Horsepower||24.0 HP (17.9 KW) @ 5800RPM|
|Transmission||Gear box: 4-speed, manual
Final Drive: shaft
|Suspension||Front: telescopic fork
Rear: coil compression springs and rubber deflection stops
|Brakes||Front: 200mm drum
Rear: 200mm drum
|Wheelbase||55.0 inches (1397 mm)|
|Length||83.86 inches (2130 mm)|
|Width||32.01 inches (813 mm)|
|Weight||185.0 kg (wet)|
The bike has a 4-speed, manual transmission. Power was moderated via the dry, single plate.
It came with a 3.5x19 front tire and a 3.5x19 rear tire. Stopping was achieved via 200mm drum in the front and a 200mm drum in the rear. The front suspension was a telescopic fork while the rear was equipped with a coil compression springs and rubber deflection stops. The wheelbase was 55.0 inches (1397 mm) long.
1951 BMW R 51/2
The 1950 BMW R 51/2 is the first machine from the House of Munich to be equipped with a boxer engine, in the post-war era. It has, at its heart, an air-cooled, four-stroke, 494cc, twin cylinder powerhouse paired to a four-speed manual transmission, and can produce a claimed 24 horsepower at 5800 rpm.
Standard fittings include a telescopic front fork, a rear suspension composed of coil compression springs and rubber deflection stops a drum braking system, a single seat, a rear luggage rack, a dual exhaust, laced wheels and full fenders.