Harley-Davidson Industrial Engines
Harley-Davidson made stationary industrial engines during the early 1930s. During 1931-32, the plant was operating at a mere 10 per cent of its capacity, and the company desperately needed something other than motorcycles to keep it occupied. Industrial engines promised entry into a whole new market, while making use of existing machine tools. A complete range of singles, horizontally-opposed twins and V-twins was brought out, but sales were poor and the line was dropped after less than two years.