|Air Filter||K&N HA-1197 `96-98|
|Spark Plug||NGK CR9EHVX-9 '97-03|
|Battery||YUASA YTX12-BS '97-03|
|Final Drive||Chain: 530x110|
|Front Tire||120/70-17 '97-03|
|Rear Tire||180/55-17 '97-03|
|Recommended Oil||Honda GN4 10W-40|
Honda CBR 1100 XX Super Blackbird (Blackbird) - is sport-touring motorcycle built by Honda. It combines big engine power, Easy operation error-tolerance with excellent comfort and almost perfect manufacture quality. Blackbird production started in 1997 and ended in 2005.
In the US, the Motorcycle was sold as the CBR-1100XX. In the rest of the world, Honda chose to use the more verbose monicker "CBR-1100XX Super Blackbird".
Suzuki stole the crown in 1999 with the Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa, which boasted an extra 5mph or so at the top end. Perhaps not entirely coincidentally, "Hayabusa" is the Japanese name for the peregrine falcon, which preys on smaller birds such as blackbirds.
Engine Liquid-cooled 4-stroke 16 valve DOHC inline four Bore x Stroke 79 x 58 mm Displacement, 1137 cc Compression ratio 11:1 Carburetors 42 mm slanted flat-slide CV x 4 Max. Power 164 HP @ 10,000 rpm Max. Torque 119 N·m @ 7,250 rpm Ignition Computer-controlled digital transistorised with electronic advance Starter Electric Transmission 6-speed close ratio gearbox Final drive 'O'-ring sealed chain Dimensions (LxWxH) 2,160 x 720 x 1,170 mm Wheelbase 1,490 mm Seat height 810 mm Ground clearance 130 mm Fuel tank Capacity 22 L, including 4 L reserve Wheels Hollow-section triple-spoke cast Tyres front Bridgestone BT 57 - 120/70 ZR17 Radial Rear Bridgestone BT 57 - 180/55 ZR17 Radial Suspension front 43 mm HMAS™ Cartridge-type fork, 120 mm travel Suspension rear Pro-link HMAS™ with gas-charged damper, rebound adjustable 120 mm travel Brakes front Linked Braking System, 310 mm dual disks with "dual combined" three-piston [[calipers]] Brakes rear Linked Braking System, 256 mm single disk with three-piston [[caliper]] Dry weight 223 kg
- Some minor changes, which do not affect the specifications.
- Major update.
- Basically the same as 1999 model but now offered in a Titanium color
- New dashboard. It now has digital speedometer and other indicators, except tachometer, which is now in center of dashboard.
- New body color: silver with black frame. Windscreen is now improved for more comfort at high speeds.
The CBR1100XX'97 was sold in 1997 and was available in one color: Mute Black Metallic. The engine was a light weight 1137cc inline four cylinder where the upper crankcase and cylinder block were one piece. The braking system was linked. The serial number began JH2SC350*VM000001.
The CBR1100XX'98 was sold in 1998 and was available in one color: Mute Black Metallic. The engine was a light weight 1137cc inline four cylinder where the upper crankcase and cylinder block were one piece. The braking system was linked. The serial number began JH2SC350*WM100001.
- Available color: Metallic Black.
- Engine: 1137cc DOHC liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder
- Bore and stroke: 79.0 x 58.0 mm
- Compression ratio: 11.0:1
- Transmission: Close-ratio six-speed
- Final drive: O-ring chain
- Front suspension: 43mm HMAS™ cartridge fork with spring-preload and rebound- damping adjustability
- Rear suspension: Pro-Link HMAS™ single-shock with spring-preload and rebound-damping adjustability
- Front brake: Linked Braking System; dual floating discs with three-piston calipers
- Rear brake: Linked Braking System; single-disc with three-piston caliper
- Front tire 120/70ZR-17 radial
- Rear tire: 180/55ZR-17 radial
- Wheelbase: 1486mm (58.5 in.)
- Seat height: 810mm (31.9 in.)
- Dry weight: 223 kg (492 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 24 liters
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled 4-stroke 16-valve DOHC inline-4
- Engine Displacement: 1137cc
- Bore & Stroke: 79 x 58mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.0 : 1
- Carburetion: Electronic fuel injection
- Max. Power Output: 150 bhp at 9500 rpm
- Max. Torque: 119Nm at 7250 rpm
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorised with electronic advance, integral immobiliser
- Starter: Electric
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Final Drive: 'O'-Ring sealed chain
- Length x Width x Height: 2160 x 720 x 1200mm
- Wheelbase: 1490mm
- Seat Height: 810mm
- Ground Clearance: 130mm
- Fuel Capacity: 23 liters (including 4 litre warning light reserve)
- Dry Weight: 224kg
- Front Wheel: 17 x MT3.50 hollow-section triple-spoke cast aluminum
- Rear Wheel: 17 x MT5.50 hollow-section triple-spoke cast aluminum
- Front Tire: 120/70 ZR17 (58W)
- Rear Tire: 180/55 ZR17 (69W)
- Front Suspension: 43mm HMAS cartridge-type telescopic fork, 109mm axle travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-link with gas-charged HMAS damper, stepless adjustable rebound damping, 109mm axle travel
- Front Brakes: 310 x 5mm dual hydraluic disc with Combined 3-piston calipers and sintered metal pads
- Rear Brakes: 256 x 5mm hydraulic disc with Combined 3-piston caliper and sintered metal pads
- Blackbird.ru Center of Russian Blackbird community ( In Russian ).
- B.I.R.D. Community Blackbird International Riders Domain, all sort of information.
- Superblackbird.info Information about Blackbird, international list of owners, photo gallery.
- SuperBlackbird.com Information about Blackbird, some maintenance hints.
- CBR1100XX.org Riders Forum
- CBRXX.com Riders Forum
- 2019 K&L Supply Co Catalog. K&L Supply Co. 2019.
|Motorcycles: CB series | CBF series | CM/CMX series | CX Series | CBR series | NSR series | CR series | Pacific Coast | XR/XL series | Bros/HawkGT | VF/VFR series | VT series | VTX series | ST series | Valkyrie series | GL series| NR series|
|Mopeds and light motorcycles: Ape models | Cub series | CT series | ST series/Dax | S series |Wave series | Z series|