1085cc, SOHC 2-valve, liquid-cooled, opposed four cylinder.
|Spark Plug||NGK DR8ESL '81
NGK DPR8EA-9 '82-83
NGK D8EA '80
|Battery||YUASA Y50-N18L-A '80-83|
|Front Tire||110/90-19 '80 , '81
|Rear Tire||130/90-17 '80 , '81
|Oil Filter||K&N KN-401|
|Recommended Oil||Honda GN4 10W-40|
GL1100A'82 - In 1982 Honda featured a luxury model called the Aspencade. and Interstate. It came in two available two-toned colors: Sterling Silver Metallic with Tempest Gray Metallic and Sorrel Brown Metallic with Harvest Gold Metallic. The silver unit was 2-tone silver and black while the brown unit was 2-tone brown and dark brown. It also featured a Type II audio system with a handlebar-mounted control and an on-board air compressor system. The wheels were black reverse comstar. The speedometer showed a 85 mph (135 kph) limit. The turn signal featured a self-cancelling system. The saddle was dual and more pronounced like in the previous year, but the passenger backrest was larger than the Interstate and had storage pouches. The front wheel had dual slotted discs with dual piston calipers. The front tire was a 120/90-18 and the rear tire was 140/90-16. The engine was still 1085cc, SOHC 2-valve, liquid-cooled, opposed four cylinder. The transmission was a 5-speed with a shaft drive. The frame serial number began with 1HFSC022*CA200001 and the engine serial number began SC02E-2300012.
GL1100A'83 - In 1983 Honda continued with the upscale Aspencade. It came in two available two-tone colors: Nimbus Gray Metallic with Achilles Black Metallic and Candy Wineberry Red with Bramble Red Metallic. "The Aspencade is the ultimate in touring motorcycles. At its heart is a proven flat-four engine. Special features include an on-board suspension adjustment system, standard Type II Honda stereo radio, and brand new LCD digital instrumentation. Quite simply, there is no other choice for the long-distance rider" "Combination LCD-digital instrument panel and keyboard. Instrument panel contains LCD read-outs for speed (with mph/kph converter), engine-rpm, trip, gear position, fuel and engine temperature. Also, there are warning lights for high beam, neutral, oil, and air suspension status. The keyboard is the control center for the Aspencade's on-board air suspension leveling system, as well as a trip-monitor system. TRAC™ torque-sensing anti-dive control units with four-position stiffness adjusters fitted to both fork legs." "Interconnected braking system. The rider's right foot controls one front disc and the rear disc, while the right handlebar lever controls the other front disc. Less of the rider's attention is required for most normal braking maneuvers. The fork brace stabilizes front fork action. Redesigned engine guard gives more foot clearance and allows easier fitting of highway pegs. Three-position adjustable passenger foot pegs move through a range of 60 mm. Larger, flat-section foot pegs increase comfort." "Internal gear ratio changes lower engine speed at highway speeds, especially in overdrive." "Travel trunk moved rearward 30 mm for more passenger comfort, and taller backrest fitted. New shape two-tone seat has improved comfort with dual density foam. Cover material upgraded with new, soft-feeling cover."
- Engine: 1085cc, SOHC 2-valve, liquid-cooled, horizontally opposed four cylinder
- Bore & stroke: 75 x 61.4 mm
- Compression ratio: 9.2:1
- Carburetion: four 30 mm, CV type
- Ignition system: Transistorized pointless Clutch: wet multi-plate
- Transmission: 5-speed, constant mesh
- Drive: Shaft
- Exhaust system: Four-into-two with balance tube
- Starting system: electric Speedometer: Showed a 150 mph (240 kph) limit
- Instrument panel: Digital
- Turn signal: Self-cancelling system
- Saddle: Dual and more pronounced as in the previous year, but the passenger backrest was larger with storage pouches
- Brakes: Interconnected brakes, dual slotted (ventilated) discs with dual piston calipers in front and single disc in rear
- Front suspension: Front forks are air-assisted telescopic with TRAC™ anti-dive control
- Rear suspension: air-assisted shocks
- Wheels: Honda cast with 11 spokes
- Front tire: 120/90H-18
- Rear tire: 140/90H16
- Gas type: regular
- Wheelbase: 1605 mm
- Dry weight: 321 kg
- Overall length: 2460 mm
- Overall width: 920 mm
- Seat height790 mm
- Fuel capacity20 liters
- The frame serial number began with 1HFSC022*DA300101 and the engine serial number began SC02E-2300012.
- 2019 K&L Supply Co Catalog. K&L Supply Co. 2019.
|Motorcycles: CB series | CBF series | CM/CMX series | CX Series | CBR series | NSR series | CR series | Pacific Coast | XR/XL series | Bros/HawkGT | VF/VFR series | VT series | VTX series | ST series | Valkyrie series | GL series| NR series|
|Mopeds and light motorcycles: Ape models | Cub series | CT series | ST series/Dax | S series |Wave series | Z series|