|Also called||VFR1200FD Dual Clutch Transmission, VFR1200X Adventure, VFR1200F DCT, VFR1200X DCT, VFR1200X, VFR1200F|
|Production||2010 - 2019|
Liquid-cooled 76° V-4, four-stroke
|Bore / Stroke||81.0mm x 60.0mm|
|Top Speed||130 mph (209 km/h)|
|Horsepower||124.72 HP (93.0 KW) @ 7750RPM|
|Torque||92.94 ft/lbs (126.0 Nm) @ 6500RPM|
|Fuel System||injection. pgm-fi|
|Air Filter||K&N HA-1110 `10-18|
|Ignition||computer-controlled digital transistorised with electronic advance|
|Spark Plug||NGK IMR9E-9HES|
|Transmission||Gear box: 6-speed
Final Drive: shaft drive (cardan)
|Suspension||Front: 43mm inverted telescopic forks with hydraulic damping, preload and rebound damping adjustment
Rear: pro-link with gas-charged damper, preload and stepless rebound damping adjustment
|Brakes||Front: double disc. combined abs
Rear: single disc. combined abs
|Wheelbase||62.8 inches (1595 mm)|
|Length||89.96 inches (2285 mm)|
|Width||36.02 inches (915 mm)|
|Height||52.56 inches (1335 mm)|
|Seat Height||33.46 inches (850 mm)|
|Weight||588.63 pounds (267.0 Kg) (dry), 277.0 kg (wet)|
|Oil Filter||K&N KN-204|
|Recommended Oil||Honda GN4 10W-40|
|Fuel Capacity||5.68 Gallon (21.50 Liters)|
|Fuel Consumption||6.20 liters/100 km (16.1 km/l or 37.94 mpg)|
The Honda VFR1200X was a v4, four-stroke Naked motorcycle produced by Honda between 2010 and 2019. It could reach a top speed of 130 mph (209 km/h). Max torque was 92.94 ft/lbs (126.0 Nm) @ 6500 RPM. Claimed horsepower was 124.72 HP (93.0 KW) @ 7750 RPM.
Drawing from a longstanding legacy of innovation within Honda's V-4 lineup, the 2010 VFR1200F embodies the new generation of V-4 technology and unsurpassed rider benefits, setting the stage for Honda's next 50 years. Honda's V-4 heritage and VFR tradition is fully realized in the VFR1200F. It has been re-created in astonishingly innovative form through the fusion of advanced technology imported from the MotoGP world and other cutting-edge environments. Net result: a futuristic sport motorcycle created for the sheer joy of riding, custom tailored for experienced hands who ride hard, ride long, ride far and ride often.
Engine[edit | edit source]
Drive[edit | edit source]
The bike has a 6-speed transmission. Power was moderated via the wet multiplate.
Chassis[edit | edit source]
It came with a 110/80-r19 front tire and a 150/70-r17 rear tire. Stopping was achieved via double disc. combined abs in the front and a single disc. combined abs in the rear. The front suspension was a 43mm inverted telescopic forks with hydraulic damping, preload and rebound damping adjustment while the rear was equipped with a pro-link with gas-charged damper, preload and stepless rebound damping adjustment. The VFR1200X was fitted with a 5.68 Gallon (21.50 Liters) fuel tank. The bike weighed just 588.63 pounds (267.0 Kg). The wheelbase was 62.8 inches (1595 mm) long.
Features[edit | edit source]
- Honda MotoGP V-4 engine technology and architecture bring cutting-edge performance to the VFR1200F.
- Unique cylinder layout with rear two cylinders located innermost on the crankshaft and front cylinders located outboard narrows the rider interface aboard the VFR1200F.
- Throttle By Wire for next-generation throttle response.
- Optional Dual Clutch Automatic Transmission with manual mode and automatic mode with two D/S modes and paddle-style shifters offers unparalleled freedom through innovative technology.
- Next-generation shaft drive system with offset pivot point and sliding constant-velocity joint for a new level of shaft-drive performance and control.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Engine/Drivetrain[edit | edit source]
- Light and compact 1237cc liquid-cooled 76-degree V-4 pumps out amazing levels of power with a distinctive V-4 feel and sound.
- Symmetrically Coupled Phase-shift Crankshaft uses 28-degree crankpin offset to eliminate primary engine vibration.
- Asymmetrical exhaust lengths between front and rear cylinders boost power production and enhance power feel.
- Lightweight and compact Unicam® valvetrain allows for significantly smaller cylinder heads.
- Honda slipper clutch in manual-shift model allows unencumbered sport riding.
Chassis/Suspension[edit | edit source]
- GP technology layer-concept aero fairing for unrivaled air management.
- Honda Pro Arm® single-sided swingarm with single gas-charged shock delivers cutting-edge rear suspension action; features handy remote spring preload adjuster, rebound damping adjustability and 5.1 inches of travel.
- Stout, sport-oriented 43mm inverted cartridge fork with spring preload adjustability and 4.7 inches of travel.
- New controls with smoother and more precise tactile feel enhance the riding experience.
- New-technology seat construction permits a higher level of seat shaping and forming details.
- Saddlebag mounts come standard on both versions of the VFR1200F.
2013 Honda VFR1200F[edit | edit source]
Packed with a lot of race track-derived technologies, the 2012 VFR1200F is one of the perfect recipes when it comes to blending touring comfort and the sporty nature of a bike engineered for consistent performance. The muscular V4 engine is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission, and equipped with advanced Traction Control, ride-by-wire and combined ABS, this bike is ready to provide the riders with bot sheer two-wheeled joy while being also safer than other machines while at it.
2015 Honda VFR1200F[edit | edit source]
For 2015 a new white color scheme has been added and the optional Dual Clutch Transmission was improved, with new functionalities. To enhance the touring potential of the VFR1200F, the rear is equipped with integrated luggage mounts. These mounting points are unobtrusively cast into the injection moulded under-seat area and pillion footrest mounts
2016 Honda VFR1200X[edit | edit source]
And the new VFR1200X is loaded with features too—the most important being its 1237cc V4 engine and choice of six-speed transmissions. Best of all, we’re offering a ton of accessories, so you can fine-tune it to how you want to ride.
2017 Honda VFR1200X[edit | edit source]
The new VFR1200X also known as the CrossTourer in many parts of the world is making its return for 2017 to the Honda Adventure Sport Touring Motorcycle model lineup. For 2017 Honda has 2 options vailable on the VFR1200X: Manual Transmission and DCT Automatic Transmission. The V4 engine in the 2017 VFR1200X has a horsepower rating that comes in at a respectable 127 HP at 7,750 RPM and 93 lb-ft torque at 6,500 RPM.
Videos[edit | edit source]
In Media[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- 2019 K&L Supply Co Catalog. K&L Supply Co. 2019.
|Motorcycles: CB series | CBF series | CM/CMX series | CX Series | CBR series | NSR series | CR series | Pacific Coast | XR/XL series | Bros/HawkGT | VF/VFR series | VT series | VTX series | ST series | Valkyrie series | GL series| NR series|
|Mopeds and light motorcycles: Ape models | Cub series | CT series | ST series/Dax | S series |Wave series | Z series|