The Kawasaki KH500 was a 500cc, 2-stroke, street motorcycle manufactured by Kawasaki for the 1976 production year. The KH500 was the successor to the Kawasaki H1 "Mach III".
Changes between the H1 and KH500 was a lowering in horsepower, changing color and markings, a gear shift pattern change, and grips, water-resistant brake pads, and locking tank cap. A three-fuse system was adopted. Kawasaki also brought a brighter headlight to this bike.
- Maximum Horsepower:
- 52 HP @ 7,000 rpm
- (W) 50 HP @ 7,000 rpm
- Fuel Tank: Deep Burgundy, Copper
- Front Fender: Chrome
- Engine No.: KAE117100-
- Frame No.: H1F-470130-
- Parts Catalogue No.: 99997-625-525, (G) 99997-625-53S, (E) 99997-670
- Owner's Manual No.: 99997-882-00
- Shop Manual No.: 99997-711-00
- The KH was the model code change for the H1.