Piaggio X9: review, history, specs
The X9 Evolution 500 satisfies all needs. Agile, easy to handle and the most compact of all maxi scooters. Once out of town, it's able to shift character and open up to wide open spaces with remarkable ease.
The X9 Evolution 500 offers a level of superior technology, total comfort and is richly endowed with special features and accessories.
- Featuring 39 bhp and a top speed of 98 mph, the X9 Evolution 500's electronic injection engine exceeds EPA & CARB environmental regulations.
- Three disc brakes in a linked braking system to make stopping safer
- Analog and digital instrumentation panel with an exclusive on board computer
- Windscreen adjustable to three different positions
- Large underseat compartment for a full-face helmet and an open face helmet or a briefcase
- A 12V socket to recharge your mobile phone and a foldaway seat cover
Single cylinder, four stroke, 4 valves, liquid cooled
|Bore / Stroke||91.4mm x 91.4mm|
|Horsepower||39.02 HP (29.1 KW) @ 7250RPM|
|Torque||31.72 ft/lbs (43.0 Nm) @ 5500RPM|
|Fuel System||Electronic Injection|
|Spark Plug||NGK CR7EKB `01-02|
|Battery||YUASA YTX14-BS `01-02|
|Transmission||Gear box: CVT
Final Drive: Belt
|Suspension||Front: Telescopic hydraulic fork
Rear: Two dual effect effect hydraulic dumpers
|Brakes||Front: Single disc, 260 mm
Rear: Single disc 240 mm
|Wheelbase||60.2 inches (1529 mm)|
|Length||83.82 inches (2129 mm)|
|Width||34.61 inches (879 mm)|
|Seat Height||30.71 inches (780 mm)|
|Weight||213.0 kg (wet)|
|Fuel Capacity||1.06 Gallon (4.00 Liters)|
The Piaggio X9 was a Single cylinder, four stroke, 4 valves, liquid cooled scooter produced by Piaggio in 2005. Max torque was 31.72 ft/lbs (43.0 Nm) @ 5500 RPM. Claimed horsepower was 39.02 HP (29.1 KW) @ 7250 RPM.
The bike has a CVT transmission. Power was moderated via the Centrifugal.
It came with a 120/70-14 front tire and a 150/70-14 rear tire. Stopping was achieved via Single disc, 260 mm in the front and a Single disc 240 mm in the rear. The front suspension was a Telescopic hydraulic fork while the rear was equipped with a Two dual effect effect hydraulic dumpers. The X9 was fitted with a 1.06 Gallon (4.00 Liters) fuel tank. The wheelbase was 60.2 inches (1529 mm) long.
2005 - 2013 Piaggio X9
Where the X9 really stands out, though, is in the equipment levels. Apart from the communication systems and the on-board computer, there is the nice touch of an automatic stand and remote-controlled seat release (as well as push-button release in the cockpit). The storage compartment can easily accommodate a full-face and an open-face helmet, or a briefcase. The motor is Piaggio’s go-to engine for their larger models including the X9, MP3 400, MP3 500 and BV 500. This motor is a nice liquid cooled, 4-valve design that features fuel injection as well. It’s a nice advanced motor that provides good power, while being a little sluggish off the line.
- Merci, les enfants vont bien!
- Anna e i cinque
- The Take
- Manuale d'am3re
- Genitori & figli:) - Agitare bene prima dell'uso
- Le séminaire Caméra Café
- Comme les autres
- David Nolande
- The Queen
- La jungle
- Cravate club
- 2019 Western Power Sports Catalog. Western Power Sports. 2019.