Yamaha Midnight Warrior
- Key Features:
- The four-time AMA ProStar Hot Rod Cruiser Class Drag Racing Champion returns, with even more style.
- Twin-bore fuel injection provides spot-on fuel delivery under all conditions.
- Rigid, light and strong aluminum frame, inverted 41mm fork and an adjustable link-type rear end provide near-sportbike handling. 200/50-ZR17 rear radial tire looks right and puts all that torque efficiently to pavement.
- Special Midnight Warrior rolls out in special black paint, black air cleaner, engine covers, exhaust.
- The industry standard for V-twin excellence features 102-cubic-inch (1670cc) displacement, pumping out asphalt-ripping torque and acceleration.
- Air-cooled, long-stroke, OHV, 48 degree cylinders with pushrod valve actuation keeps engine height down; large cooling fins, ceramic composite bore plating and a one-piece head cover provide more efficient heat dissipation.
- Four-valve cylinder head design uses two spark plugs per cylinder for efficient combustion and more power at all RPM.
- Hydraulic valve lifters driven by twin camshafts deliver exceptional performance and lower maintenance needs.
- Forged pistons accommodate higher-RPM performance thanks to reduced reciprocating mass.
- Rare earth flywheel magnet for faster-revving power delivery and increased high-RPM durability.
- Twin-bore fuel injection with throttle position sensor (TPS), aspirated by free-breathing twin air cleaner system, ensures optimal fuel delivery, great throttle response and maximum power throughout the rev range.
- State-of-the-art electronic control unit (ECU) ensures precisely metered fuel delivery and optimal ignition spark control using 3-D digital CD ignition mapping for each cylinder.
- High-performance 2-into-1 exhaust system features stainless steel headers and a massive muffler that boosts horsepower while putting out a throaty V-twin growl.
- Dry sump lubrication system uses a handy spin-on filter.
- Smooth-shifting five-speed transmission features close-ratio gearing for excellent roll-on performance at all RPM.
- Smooth, low-maintenance belt drive system has a narrow-design belt that reduces unsprung weight for improved rear suspension performance.
- Electric starting system features solenoid-activated auto-decompressor for easy starting.
- Specially designed, class-exclusive, aluminum double-cradle frame and swingarm increases rigidity by 41% (over standard Road Star frame), for tremendous strength and durability.
- Super-rigid 41mm Kayaba inverted telescopic fork in beefy, cast-aluminum triple clamps gives 5.3 inches of travel for exceptional sport-oriented performance.
- Link-type, preload and rebound adjustable single rear shock delivers outstanding rear-wheel tracking for precise handling and plush ride quality.
- Dual 298mm front disc brakes and radial-mount four-piston calipers, and a 282mm rear disc combine for incredible, supersport-spec stopping power.
- Pulley design gets all that power to the back wheel with even more style.
- Lightweight, cast-aluminum five-spoke wheels wear low-profile, competition-spec 120/70-ZR18 front and a massive 200/50-ZR17 rear radial for awesome traction and cornering grip.
- Extra-long, 65.6-inch wheelbase and deep, plush saddle create added rider comfort and well-balanced handling.
- Additional Features:
- Industry-leading Star Family fit and finish features lustrous paint and chrome accents (air cleaner, air scoop, mirrors and more) to create a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
- Two-piece saddle is wide and flat for excellent comfort.
- Digital headlight-mounted tachometer, odometer and dual tripmeters with triple clamp-mounted analog speedometer.
- LED taillight provides excellent visibility and very sano look.
- Braided stainless clutch and throttle cables.
- Extra-wide, 4.0-gallon fuel tank features low-fuel warning light and R1-type automatic fuel tripmeter.
- Fork lock integrated into main ignition switch for extra convenience.
- Powerful 12V 60/55-watt multi-reflector halogen headlight maximizes nighttime visibility and comes with beautiful chrome finish.
|Yamaha Midnight Warrior|
|Production||2006 - 2009|
Air Cooled, Four Stroke, V-Twin Cylinder, SOHC, 4 Valves Per Cylinder
|Bore / Stroke||96.8mm x 96.8mm|
|Ignition||transistor controlled ignition|
|Transmission||Gear box: 5 Speed
Final Drive: Belt
|Suspension||Front: 41mm KYB inverted fork; 5.3-in travel
Rear: Single shock; adjustable preload and rebound damping, 4.3-in travel
|Brakes||Front: Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm
Rear: Hydraulic disc, 282mm
|Front Tire||120/70-ZR18 Radial|
|Rear Tire||200/50-ZR17 Radial|
|Wheelbase||65.59 inches (1666 mm)|
|Length||93.9 inches (2385 mm)|
|Width||36.81 inches (935 mm)|
|Height||44.09 inches (1120 mm)|
|Seat Height||28.11 inches (714 mm)|
|Weight||612.0 pounds (277.6 Kg) (dry), 295.0 kg (wet)|
|Fuel Capacity||1.06 Gallon (4.00 Liters)|
|Fuel Consumption||6.03 liters/100 km (16.6 km/l or 39.01 mpg)|
The engine was a air cooled Air Cooled, Four Stroke, V-Twin Cylinder, SOHC, 4 Valves Per Cylinder. A 96.8mm bore x 96.8mm stroke result in a displacement of just 1670.0 cubic centimeters. Fuel was supplied via a overhead valves (ohv).
The bike has a 5 Speed transmission. Power was moderated via the Wet, multiplate.
It came with a 120/70-ZR18 Radial front tire and a 200/50-ZR17 Radial rear tire. Stopping was achieved via Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm in the front and a Hydraulic disc, 282mm in the rear. The front suspension was a 41mm KYB inverted fork; 5.3-in travel while the rear was equipped with a Single shock; adjustable preload and rebound damping, 4.3-in travel. The Midnight Warrior was fitted with a 1.06 Gallon (4.00 Liters) fuel tank. The bike weighed just 612.0 pounds (277.6 Kg). The wheelbase was 65.59 inches (1666 mm) long.
2009 Yamaha Midnight Warrior
The 2008 Midnight Warrior is the meaner, darkened version of the standard Warrior. If the casual silver/ chrome cruiser looks on the Warrior were not enough, the grim, shiny Midnight should quench your thirst for evil bikes. Loaded with the same 1670cc V-twin power unit, the Midnight Warrior will put to shame a ton of competitors thanks to its massive torque available right off idle and upper range revving power deployment.
Sporting a lightweight aluminum double-cradle frame sitting on adjustable, top-class Kayaba suspensions, the 2008 Midnight Warrior also boasts supersport-inspired rims for an even more aggressive look and better street performance. If power and mean design are what you're looking for in a cruiser, the 2008 Star Warrior might be the right choice.