Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > General > Motorcycle Discussion > knee surgery and motorcycles

knee surgery and motorcycles

This is a discussion on knee surgery and motorcycles within the Motorcycle Discussion forums, part of the General category; so i need surgery to repair my knee. (sports injury) most likely, my knee will be immobilized for about a ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2006   #1

Default knee surgery and motorcycles

so i need surgery to repair my knee. (sports injury) most likely, my knee will be immobilized for about a month, which means i won't be riding for a month at some point in the future. add that to the ~3 months of therapy afterwards, and it's going to be a very sucky long time.

if i don't do the surgery, my knee will eventually lock up, at which point i'll need the surgery anyway. and if i do an easier surgery, i'll probably need a knee replacement before i'm even over the hill.

awesome... i'll pray and talk with my family and our doctor back home. but uh... yeah... i guess the point here is don't hurt your knee...
snoopygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #2

sorry to hear it man, good luck with the surgery. Hopefully you will find some way to occupy your time, that is motorcycle related.
elliotwillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #3

I ... uh ... don't pray, but best wishes to you. Better safe than sorry.
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #4

Dang man...I am sorry to hear that. Hope the recovery time is less than expected, or just flies by for you. 1 - 3 months is a long time, but just concentrate on getting better and you'll be riding again before you know it. Good luck with the surgery and the therapy.
James M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006   #5

In a few years when your knee is completely healed it will seem like it took no time to get back in the saddle. Good luck!
jackpi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006   #6
DAR

--
I've had both knees replaced. No problem in riding. It cured years of pain. I wish I'd done it much sooner.

RonK
DAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006   #7

Sorry to hear about your knee! Get it taken care of and heal quick.
troy a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #8

Like RonK, I've had both knees replaced and wished I had not waited as long as I did. I was virtually crippled with my bad knees and could hardly walk 100 feet without being in agony. It took a few months of therapy to get back to pretty much full activity, but was more than worth the effort. Other than kneeling on the floor on my knees (which I can't do without really padding the knees or the pain is significant) I can do everything I used to other than running. I have no problem riding, and with my new knees I don't worry about feeling so stiff or sore at the end of the ride that I would worry about dismounting safely. Now I just get off like I did when I was young and walk to wherever I am going. Don't be dismayed if you need a knee replacement, just be glad that modern medicine has made this a routine procedure. Good luck.
burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #9

Sorry to hear about your knee.
I'm recovering from a knee injury,...know how you feel. And just as some as I'm done with alll the therapy, it's back on the bike and RIDE!
de bossy one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006   #10

after talking with my parents, i'm going to wait until next summer to do the surgery, so it doesn't interfere with school. i've been doing physical therapy for the last month or so, so everything hurts less, but it's still there. i'll be able to make it to the summer. it'll be a sucky summer, but better than interfering with classes. what a terrible bunch of options...

at least i can go back to playing ultimate and paintball. if i screw my knee up any more, it doesn't matter, because i need surgery anyway. lol i'll just take it easy until the summer.
snoopygrl is offline   Reply With Quote