Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > General > Motorcycle Discussion > Shift side knee problems

Shift side knee problems

This is a discussion on Shift side knee problems within the Motorcycle Discussion forums, part of the General category; I have been riding my bike more the past week since I fixed it and have noticed that my knee ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2006   #1

Default Shift side knee problems

I have been riding my bike more the past week since I fixed it and have noticed that my knee is starting to bother me when I move it a certain way when walking.

I was really hoping (and pretty much thinking) that it was not arthritis or something of that nature because it is not really a burning or aching pain. Not to mention that would be crappy at just 29!

I also have not injured it at all (past or recently). Then I thought about it - my bike shifts pretty hard on the way up especially to 2nd and 3rd and I found that in addition to simply lifting my foot to change gears, I was also lifting my leg up, putting pressure at the knee, I suppose.

So I am wondering, has anyone else experienced knee pain from this same sort of thing? I mean it doesn't hurt "bad", but it is noticeable and unusual. The only weird thing is that I do not feel it hurting much when I am actually shifting and on the bike (which I think that I would if that were the cause). However, it may be there and I just cannot feel it really.

Mike

Edit: By the way, I am getting ready to adjust the clutch in about 15 mins :D
Rach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #2

Default Shift side knee problems

I haven't experienced any knee pain from shifting, but it just may well be I'm pretty used to it.

I would think if it was being caused by the shifting motion, you would feel it most when actually doing the motion.

It could be that you just slept on it wrong :)

Good luck on the clutch adjustment. My '74 CL350 was a nightmare to get just right. Seemed to either grab or slip between small adjustments. Maybe the clutch plate was worn. Let us know how it works out.
Armando Rollos is offline   Reply With Quote