Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > BMW > handlebar riser move the bars up & back diagonally 1 inch

handlebar riser move the bars up & back diagonally 1 inch

This is a discussion on handlebar riser move the bars up & back diagonally 1 inch within the BMW forums, part of the Manufacturers category; handlebar riser move the bars up & back diagonally 1 inch I do not have my 2004 R1150RTP bike yet ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2009   #1

Default handlebar riser move the bars up & back diagonally 1 inch

handlebar riser move the bars up & back diagonally 1 inch

I do not have my 2004 R1150RTP bike yet (will be here in 2 weeks) and am used to the "cruise" ride position. Last time I rode a BMW was in 1976 - ouch! Since I am 6' tall & 63 years old (not a limber as when I was 33!)- any opinions as to whether it is worth $75 to get these risers for less neck & shoulder strain??
ryokoware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009   #2

I think $75 is a good deal to avoid neck and shoulder pain.
Old 01-23-2009   #3

Well, I'm not qualified to talk about BMW much, but this same topic was on another manufacture forum that I frequent. The rapidly building consensus there was that replacing the handlebars was working out better and cheaper than the risers. Check out the bikemaster.com site - they have quite a variety...the 'Daytona' was becoming a favorite for an 'up and back' bar. PITA if you have to change brake/clutch hoses, cables, etc for length. I'm considering a swap later as I'll be changing hydraulic hoses for scheduled maintenance.
VeloRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009   #4

If you do change your bars make sure you get the right bars. older bikes like mine use 22mm bars were alot of bike use 7/8. They are just a hair different and you could crack your controls by forcing them onto the 7/8 bars.