Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > BMW > Motorcycle Chain Maintenance

Motorcycle Chain Maintenance

This is a discussion on Motorcycle Chain Maintenance within the BMW forums, part of the Manufacturers category; Hello, I have a 1998 BMW F650. I haven't cleaned & lubed the chain in a while. Can anybody recommend: ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2009   #1

Default Motorcycle Chain Maintenance

Hello,

I have a 1998 BMW F650. I haven't cleaned & lubed the chain in a while.

Can anybody recommend:

- a good "gizmo" or cleaning method for cleaning the chain
- any special lubrication application "gizmos" or methods
- and any lube recommendations

Thanks,

- Nick
ryokoware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009   #2

Hello,

I have a 1998 BMW F650. I haven't cleaned & lubed the chain in a while.

Can anybody recommend:

- a good "gizmo" or cleaning method for cleaning the chain
- any special lubrication application "gizmos" or methods
- and any lube recommendations

Thanks,

- Nick

yes i got the perfect solution for you also adding more life to your chain kit check out the cameleon oiler @ cameleonoiler.com
mikie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009   #3

yes i got the perfect solution for you also adding more life to your chain kit check out the cameleon oiler @ cameleonoiler.com

Thanks for the reply Cameleon!

I'm sure that the product you recommend works fine...but I prefer to get objective solutions/recommendations from individual folks...and not shameless self-promoting advertisements from business owners.

- Nick
Old 01-23-2009   #4

Thanks for the reply Cameleon!

I'm sure that the product you recommend works fine...but I prefer to get objective solutions/recommendations from individual folks...and not shameless self-promoting advertisements from business owners.

- Nick
So maybe you should go buy some lube cans and do it the old fashion and dirty way bend down and inhale that gargabe im not a business neither a saleman i was just telling what works the best. Other good products are scott oiler or pro oiler even hawke oiler but none can compare to the cameleon with no returns and 100% satisfaction garenteed.
ps. If u dont want help then dont ask, i was sent to you by the forum moderator must mean even he thinks its a great investment.

-LUKID
Old 01-23-2009   #5

I recommend a chain brush, chain cleaner and chain lube. All can be bought at most dealers or bike shops. What I do is lift my back tire up with my rear stand and the bike in neutral. Just spray the cleaner on while turning the wheel and then brush it while doing the same. Once cleaned just turn the rear wheel and spray some lube in the middle of the chain links. Don't spray the sides of the links, just the middle. The lube will spread out into where it needs to go.
Old 01-23-2009   #6

I recommend a chain brush, chain cleaner and chain lube. All can be bought at most dealers or bike shops. What I do is lift my back tire up with my rear stand and the bike in neutral. Just spray the cleaner on while turning the wheel and then brush it while doing the same. Once cleaned just turn the rear wheel and spray some lube in the middle of the chain links. Don't spray the sides of the links, just the middle. The lube will spread out into where it needs to go.
and after u purchase all that you could of bought a cameleon oiler and none of that would of ever happen. Fix what is broken but protect what is not.
Old 01-23-2009   #7

I doubt a can of cleaner, lube, and a $10 brush is going to cost $200.00.
Old 01-23-2009   #8

im not a business neither a saleman i was just telling what works the best.

HELLO...your userid is "Cameleon"...and your homepage is cameleonoiler.com!

How is this not a business advertisement??

As far as the fumes & dirt...what the hell do you think most of us home mechanics have been doing for years & years...smelling fumes & getting dirty!!! If it's too much fumes...do it outside where there is plenty of fresh air.

What kind of "REAL" mechanic doesn't smell fumes & doesn't get dirty!

And if "Bob" is correct, that the oiler is $200 bucks...no way I'm spending that kind of money!!!

Still...thanks for your reply...a $200 dollar oiler may not be for me...but there may be other folks interested in it.

- Nick
Old 01-23-2009   #9

Other good products are scott oiler or pro oiler even hawke oiler but none can compare to the cameleon with no returns and 100% satisfaction garenteed.
ps. If u dont want help then dont ask, i was sent to you by the forum moderator must mean even he thinks its a great investment.

-LUKID

Cameleon,

BTW...you are trying to sell an "OILER". I DO NOT need an oiler!

I have a road bike! I don't need to be able to oil my chain on a day by day, or week by week basis!!! I don't want to install an oiler!

Yes...an oiler may come in handy for a dirt bike or an ATV driven on dusty/dirty trails...but I don't need one for my road bike!

My original question was simply asking was there a better way to CLEAN my chain & apply fresh chain lubricant.

The "oiler" your trying to sell does not fit this project!!

- Nick
Old 01-23-2012   #10

Hi, there!!I am looking for a motorcycle mechanic reviews about career option. Actually my brother thinking of choosing this field as a career. I am thinking about doing a training course in Motorcycle Mechanic will be good. I want to know how much motorcycle mechanic can make in a month..

Motorcycle Mechanic

Last edited by bevanwillson; 01-23-2012 at 12:10 AM.
bevanwillson is offline   Reply With Quote