Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Buell > Can't get my buell to go into neutral. ?

Can't get my buell to go into neutral. ?

This is a discussion on Can't get my buell to go into neutral. ? within the Buell forums, part of the Manufacturers category; I just bought a buell blast, and I cannot get the motorcycle to go into neutral. Buells have a light ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2008   #1

Default Can't get my buell to go into neutral. ?

I just bought a buell blast, and I cannot get the motorcycle to go into neutral. Buells have a light that indicate when the bike is in neutral. Even when I am in my garage lifting the shifter by hand, I cannot get the bike into neutral. Any thoughts?
parlay254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #2
g c

Assuming your B Last doesn't have a mechanical problem, try this. Make sure the bike is in 1st gear. With the bike not running, lighty pull up on the shifter by hand while sitting on the bike and rocking it back and forth. And don't worry about pulling the clutch in, you don't need it with the engine not running. Rocking the bike takes the weight off the gears so the shifter is easier to move. Keep in mind that neutral is only a half click between 1st and 2nd. If you pull up on the shifter too hard, with your hand or foot, you'll skip N and go to 2nd. Hope this helps.
g c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008   #3

Typical Harley, only time you can get it into neutral is when you're going for a hard second. Just kidding (kind of). Try letting the clutch out a little and rocking it a bit then go for neutral. My buds got an M2 and this works when it gets finicky. If it's new it might get better as it breaks in.Have a"blast."(sometimes I can't help myself)
steven a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008   #4

try it when off and the clutch engaged (not squeezed)
sn00p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #5

I have always found that the easiest way to get an HD tranny in neutral while stopped is to give the throttle a little blip (not much) to get the gears spinning while toeing up the shifter. Otherwise, slip into N before coming to a full stop. ------
jrrysimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009   #6

Sounds like the clutch is dragging. A slight readjustment ought to fix that. As for not being able to find neutral when stopped, try moving the bike back and fourth slightly while moving the shifter lever. Neutral is between 1st and second, if you are not in one of those two gears, you'll need to get the bike into first, do that the same way.
John is offline   Reply With Quote