Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Buell > How come there arent american companies that build sportbikes?

How come there arent american companies that build sportbikes?

This is a discussion on How come there arent american companies that build sportbikes? within the Buell forums, part of the Manufacturers category; All you see is choppers and cruisers. i would love to buy an amrican sportsbike but you only get them ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2008   #1

Default How come there arent american companies that build sportbikes?

All you see is choppers and cruisers. i would love to buy an amrican sportsbike but you only get them from yamaha, susuki and that sort. I think the only one ive seen is Buell but there not that great.I have a Suzuki, i was just wished i had a good american option.
edgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #2

what about kawasakies (sorry for the miss spell) arent they american made i know the engines are made in america. and i think harley davidson is going to be making sports bikes in the next couple of years.
pat c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008   #3
R P

You've seen Buell........try riding one =^ )... Also,on the high price side, there's Confederate. They build big twin sport bikes.
R P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #4

One word: Buell. American made - beautiful sport bikes. The new 1125R will blow you away and is competitively priced with the Japanese offerings.

John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009   #5

Buell. It is made by Harley-Davidson and most dealers carry them. Try the Lightning.... Also there is the VRSCA.... cross between sport and regular, laid back Harley. Not the fastest things but they are cool too. ------
Brad S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009   #6

It would be nice to have a nice American-made sportbike. But it is probably the same as the situation with small cars...They are cheaper to produce in Japan (for the same level of quality), so the American companies couldn't compete. ------
wyomingrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #7

ever here about a thing called liability.
people love to sue others for there problems, and stupidity.

plus it takes billions to start a new company and get support in all 50 states then in varied city's. if no support, NOBODY is gonna buy your bike/car/truck/ widget.
packnrat is offline   Reply With Quote