Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Harley Davidson > Do you know any asian Harley Davidson riders?

Do you know any asian Harley Davidson riders?

This is a discussion on Do you know any asian Harley Davidson riders? within the Harley Davidson forums, part of the Manufacturers category; I just bought a Harley Davidson Night Rod Special and my wife was concerned that there may be some racial ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2008   #1

Default Do you know any asian Harley Davidson riders?

I just bought a Harley Davidson Night Rod Special and my wife was concerned that there may be some racial tension for an asian rider to be riding HD bike (she is Caucasian).And not it kinda concerns me as well, so I decided to ask. Thank you.Not new to the country....born and raised in Jersey, but recently moved to South Dakota for a job. Things are a bit different here.
Solidgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #2

No, I don't. Another thing: I never thought of it before.I think that's what you'll find the most.Wasn't any racial tension when I rode all those Japanese bikes, with me being a caucasian. (Funny name that, my ancestors didn't come from Russia, they fought them)
Firecracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #3

I wouldn't worry about it, just ride with pride.
shl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #4

I think that if I were you I would just get rid of the hardly but it has nothing to do with race. Get a real asian made bike, they are far better especially when you consider the value. I choose to ride a Jap bike even though I was born and raised in the USA. I have read about problems with race and harley group events as well as the rear jug overheating on the new hardlys over the net.
mushki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008   #5

Clear the cobwebs from your mind, pal. Greet everyone with a smile. Be the nicest person on the road. Follow traffic rules and ride with a positive attitude.There will always be people who envy. You will find those type of people everywhere. In any state, in any county. Be extra nice to them when you happen to contact them. The bike you have just purchased is a coveted luxury item. Not everyone can afford it. Envious looks are part of the whole motorcycling package. You cannot escape it. Over a period of time, you will get used to it. So just take a deep breath and relax.
Hormazd Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008   #6

IF you are concerned about being Asian in South Dakota, and are concerned about having a caucasian partner, then you will be concerned about being asian and having a caucasian partner anywhere in the world.Give people some credit, be yourself,as an independant individual, and get rid of the racial stereotypes. You give off bad vibes with that sh*t.And, what does this have to do with motorcycles?!?
ymmot ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009   #7

That's an really good question, and I don't have a good answer. I don't believe I have ever seen a minority of any type other than the occasional white woman riding a H-D, other than that hispanic dude on CHiPs.Honestly, it's weird. Around here a HD rider is guaranteed white. A sport bike rider is white, black, anything goes.
wordnerd27x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010   #8

hey, word nerd, Chips rode Kawaski kz 1000! Pay attention kid! LOL Ride what ever ya want!! that goes for your GF too! So, she just happens to be white?? Who cares?? HD Suzuki? Honda?? Big Deal!!
Ride what ya feel like!! Just my 2 cents
1boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012   #9

bro just go for it..there is ofcourse no racial tension and i have seen an Asian rider riding harley davidson .. no body cares about all this bro.... so dont worry about it and just follow your interests