Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Harley-Davidson?

This is a discussion on Harley-Davidson? within the Harley Davidson forums, part of the Manufacturers category; A motorcycle is just a motorcycle. It's what you do with it, where and who you ride with and how ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2009   #11

A motorcycle is just a motorcycle. It's what you do with it, where and who you ride with and how you ride. Just because you have an HD doesn't instantly make you a "biker". Interesting thing: "Bikers" usually aren't found out on the open road-this is more of an urban phenominon-this attitude seems to swirl around beer, bars and pool-and yes, the "bikers" did go to the bar on a Harley. It's a fashon statement-thing is the vast majority of Harley Davidson owners when they ride this is the only riding they do. It's interesting to see that most "bikers" are more like truckers when they go to events like Sturgus - they don't ride there, they drive THEN put on the bad-ass 'tude and roar into town with their open pipes and act like idiots once the bike is unloaded from the pickup.

I really don't like the term "Biker" rather the Term "Motorcyclist" better fits the description of those who really ride be it on a HD, Victory, BMW or Yamaha ...it's not the brand - it's who's riding it that makes the distinction.
John is offline   Reply With Quote