Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Suzuki > C50 Boulevard, in California, getting serious spots / growth on chrome...

C50 Boulevard, in California, getting serious spots / growth on chrome...

This is a discussion on C50 Boulevard, in California, getting serious spots / growth on chrome... within the Suzuki forums, part of the Manufacturers category; Is anyone familiar with a grey green lichen type spotting on their chrome? I've had my C50 for a little ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2006   #1
ldm

Default C50 Boulevard, in California, getting serious spots / growth on chrome...

Is anyone familiar with a grey green lichen type spotting on their chrome? I've had my C50 for a little over a year now and the first half was fine as she was garaged, but I had to move and she's been in a carport for the last 5 months and it's like some real hard growth is developing on the chrome (yes, I admit, I've not been cleaning her as often as I should have, but...)

It's not eating the chrome, but it is building up a bit and is unsightly. It's my first bike and I am afraid to scratch the chrome trying to clean it off.

I bought all the suzuki cleaning liquids for general, wheel and leather cleaning...

Any suggestions? Anyone experienced this spotting? I'm in Monterey near the coast... almost seems like the same color as the moss that hangs from the oak trees...

anyone? anyone? Bueller?

thanks,
Brian
ldm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #2

Default C50 Boulevard, in California, getting serious spots / growth on chrome...

It's really humid here in southern Missouri, so we get green mold on things all the time. If it's really mold and not something else, mix a 50-50 mixture of household bleach and water and spray it on and let it sit. The mold usually goes away.
mikeistheman1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006   #3
ldm

Thanks!

So bleach won't hurt the chrome? I just need to be careful not to get it on paint or plastic?

Thanks again,
Brian
ldm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #4

No, it shouldn't. I use it on almost everything around here. It doesn't hurt the paint on the house, but house paint is different from auto paint, so I would be careful getting it on other things if I were you.
kneedragon929rr is offline   Reply With Quote