Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Suzuki > Suzuki Burgman 650 & Danson Trike kit

Suzuki Burgman 650 & Danson Trike kit

This is a discussion on Suzuki Burgman 650 & Danson Trike kit within the Suzuki forums, part of the Manufacturers category; thought id shar a video of my wife on her new Burgman trike http://youtube.com/watch?v=KveSQ1Cn1Yw Jdog...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2006   #1

Default Suzuki Burgman 650 & Danson Trike kit

thought id shar a video of my wife on her new Burgman trike

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KveSQ1Cn1Yw

Jdog
Vladimir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006   #2

Cool looking trike! Do you mind if I ask what the cost was to change it to a trike and where do you purchase this item?
Chad T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006   #3

This is the Danson Trike kit. You change nothing to the trike... It is a add on kit that bolt to the Burgman or Silver wing Scooter. It cost 4500.00 for the kit and it took me about 8 hours to install. It is removable in about 20 minutes or so 6 bolts to remove. It takes longer to remove the frame rails thatthe 6 bolts mount to..Danson kit can be purchased and shipped to your door Call Dan Johnson @ 270-403-5976 or www.dansontrike.com

Keep in mind this is really a Frike.. It still uses the rear drive tire to power the trike. This kit is nothng but a gloryfide training wheels. it drives like the old ATC 3 wheelers though. Very well thought out and is very stable. Although keep in mind you wont beable to keep up with motorcycles in the twisties. It doesnt lean over around turns and you will have to lean your body a bit.
This is great for long rides and in town.. Very fun and is very handicap freindly. Also for thouse who cant ride two wheelers very well.. The Burgman Scooter has a 638cc motor and can reach speeds of 110 mph and get
about 50 mpg.

Jeff
Vladimir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013   #4

Default Burgman Trike Kit

To each his own I guess but it is my humble opinion that since the Burgman was not designed to be a trike, adding a kit for the money you mention just doesn't make sense. For safety, longevity, riding comfort, storage, and the coolness factor I'd much prefer to buy a real trike like a FLHXXX Triglide. Yes, I know that the cost is way more but you get a frame that is designed to carry the trike's loading and stress and the brakes to stop the additional weight. Go ahead, you know you want to.....
momule is offline   Reply With Quote