Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Gear > Jackets > what type of motorcycle jacket is the best?

what type of motorcycle jacket is the best?

This is a discussion on what type of motorcycle jacket is the best? within the Jackets forums, part of the Gear category; I live in Tucson, so I need a jacket that I wear in the heat, as well as something that ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2008   #1
Tom

Default what type of motorcycle jacket is the best?

I live in Tucson, so I need a jacket that I wear in the heat, as well as something that will protect me from the rain. And of course has armor, cause I want to be a smart motorcyclist!
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #2

a jacket from the yamaha store.
dinhoshev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008   #3

There are several jackets out that will fit your needs. A mesh textile jacket is what you are probably looking for AZ weather. Here's a good site I've ordered from with great closeout specials.
Ellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008   #4

I normally wear a Cortech GX Air on hot days - it's made of polyester mesh with a removable rain liner, and it has CE approved armor, too. The ultimate in mesh motorcycle gear is probably the Motoport kevlar mesh - it's more expensive, but the toughest mesh around.A note on waterproofing: On hot and rainy days, I've found it's easier to wear Frogg Toggs over my motorcycle gear.
Mad Scientist Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #5

A company named Bohn makes all sorts of practically see through shirts with body armor...
M CEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009   #6

You might try the Alter Ego jacket from Joe Rocket. It's a textile jacket, waterproof liner, with huge removable panels to expose large mesh areas.However, you might consider a leather jacket as well. If Tucson is anything like Phoenix, you don't want to be out when it rains anyway (just wait 15 minutes for the rain to stop). In extreme heat, you do not need ventilation, you need insulation. Anything over 98 degrees and vents simply raise your core temperature instead of cooling you off, and a hot, dehydrated rider on the 404 is an accident waiting to happen.Remember, it's better to sweat than bleed!
bikernoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009   #7

Go online and check out...motorcycleacceriewearhouse.com ------
gretsch16pc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #8

This is what I wear, Heally Hanson inner layer, lined jeans, Thinsulite lined riding boots, Chap pants, T shirt, turtle neck, plug in Heated vest, Joe Rocket Coat with liner(with full armor), Balaclava, Goggles (eye balls hurt when cold)(can't see worth shit either), Full face Helmet. Snowmobile mitts, handle bar socks, (fits over controls) October to April. There are also full sets of electric plug in riding gear April to October. Jeans, Chap pants, boots, T Shirt, Joe Rocket coat, (same one, comes apart to armor and mesh) Assorted Helmets and Goggles and sun glasses. All worn to comfort. And YES I ride in winter as long as pavement is dry
jammer is offline   Reply With Quote