Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Aprilia > Aprilia RS 125 Turning?

Aprilia RS 125 Turning?

This is a discussion on Aprilia RS 125 Turning? within the Aprilia forums, part of the Manufacturers category; Hi,I was recently hit from behind on my RS 125 by a large family car, the bike never fell over ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2008   #1

Default Aprilia RS 125 Turning?

Hi,I was recently hit from behind on my RS 125 by a large family car, the bike never fell over as I was almost stationary doing about 2-3 mile an hour. when I was hit from the rear. As a Result my Speedo no long tells me what speed I am going I have a rear puncture.But my main concern is that I my steering seems to lock up and goes in a straight line unless I do less than 10mph then I have to turn the bars and hold them there but if doing more than 10 mph the bars will lock and the only way to turn the bike is to lean it the bars will only go in a straight line.Can someone please explain to me what could be causing this as it was not my fault that I was hit the 3rd parties insurance should pay out will the bike be a right off or will it be feesable to repair the damage done.Any help would be really great. Thanks for taking a time to read my issue.
Sean B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009   #2

sounds as though your stearing/headstock bearings have been damaged..try loosening them SLIGHTLY and see if it sorts it out...if not they will need replaced... ------
desert camel is offline   Reply With Quote