Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Ducati > I'm a beginning rider and want to purchase the ducati 848. Any advice???

I'm a beginning rider and want to purchase the ducati 848. Any advice???

This is a discussion on I'm a beginning rider and want to purchase the ducati 848. Any advice??? within the Ducati forums, part of the Manufacturers category; I want to but the new ducati 848. Yes it's not bigger than 1000cc's and I figure its powerband would ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2008   #1

Default I'm a beginning rider and want to purchase the ducati 848. Any advice???

I want to but the new ducati 848. Yes it's not bigger than 1000cc's and I figure its powerband would be a great first bike to start out with. Yes I'm a beginning rider. Yes I think the hayabusa is toooooooo insane even for experienced riders. I don't want your average 600cc bike and want to stay away from the Jap bikes. No offense to any owners. I've always loved and appreciated the italian styling.
Josh L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #2

That's way too big for a beginner.Stick with 250 cc for a beginner. See this:http://home1.gte.net/res0ak9f/bike.htm===Respect the dangers of riding.Good Luck...
Lover not a Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #3

Ok. I for one think anyone that believes bigger engines are bad for beginners are just saying it cause they heard it passed down the line. I learned on a 1000cc+ bike. (1340 to be exact) And it was really easy to ride. Mind you I am 6'1''and around 240 now. But if you are careful then you will be ok. Heavier bikes make for more comfort on the road.It seems all my friends that bought 600s and 650s tend to disagree with me getting a 1340! Take a class on riding, practice safe riding. and most importantly, Know YOUR bike.
Ivan G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #4

I think you should learn on a smaller bike. A new rider really needs to learn how to brake , and a smaller, lighter bike will help.
david d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #5

Fuel isn't the only thing important that get sucked up by thewell marketed ducati 848. If reader isn't going to invest informal instruction and heavy leather please save yourselfpersonal pain by using two pound hand sledge to ding theItalian styling. Artfully done it leads to afrermarket productand a good story. Hammer carriers are fashionable too.Goodness knows I've seen enough reading Cycle Source.
kavekarst is offline   Reply With Quote